Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

Gnome-MPlayer Extension - Request for Advice

<< < (5/7) > >>

SamK:

--- Quote from: Juanito on November 19, 2010, 11:44:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: SamK on November 19, 2010, 11:38:02 PM ---I looked at those but could not find any reference to gconf-2.0.  Do they=gconf-2.0?

--- End quote ---

Take a look at GConf.tcz.list  ;)

--- End quote ---
OK I see it now.
Thanks Juanito, thanks gutmensch

Arslan S.:
no need to another version of notification-daemon-xfce, just gutmensch (current maintainer of notification-daemon-xfce) can change the dep list removing Xfce4 and replacing real dependencies as i suggested in this thread. notification-daemon-xfce is the only notification daemon i can get to work from tc base that's why i recommend it, others who run xfce gnome or kde already have native notification daemons,

SamK:
My attempts to compile notification-daemon have stalled again.  The configure stage completes without errors but the make stage reports:

--- Code: ---gcc: /usr/local/lib/libstartup-notification-1.so: No such file or directory
gcc: /usr/local/lib/libxcb-aux.so: No such file or directory
gcc: /usr/local/lib/libxcb-event.so: No such file or directory
gcc: /usr/local/lib/libxcb-atom.so: No such file or directory

--- End code ---
This is despite both libstartup-notification-dev and libxcb-dev being installed.  I think I have reached my limit on this an will now just park it.

@gutmensch
Do you consider the analysis and general idea expressed in my post (reply #19) allied to the post by Arslan S. (reply #21) are worthwhile?

Juanito:
..looks like you need libstartup-notification, libxcb-util and libxcb-util-dev

gutmensch:
@SamK: Feel free to submit an updated version of notification-daemon-xfce. The one in the repo is back from tc 2.x, I never updated it because I didn't need it anymore and there was no request for an update either. If it works without Xfce I would agree with Arslan that there's no need for it as a dep, just libnotify, xcb and the other stuff...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version