Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

Gnome-MPlayer Extension - Request for Advice

<< < (7/7)

SamK:

--- Quote from: tinypoodle on November 23, 2010, 02:07:10 AM ---For the sake of accuracy the size of gnome-icon-theme.tcz in repo is stated as 7.63 MB.
However, of course this is still more than enough to bother.

--- End quote ---
25.2MB is the size reported by emelFM2 once decompressed.

--- Quote from: tinypoodle on November 23, 2010, 02:07:10 AM ---What I would try in such a case is making a customized "fat-free" extension which contains only the files really required.

--- End quote ---
My understanding is that this is synonymous with the action of my second bullet point.

tinypoodle:

--- Quote from: SamK on November 23, 2010, 02:18:17 AM ---
--- Quote from: tinypoodle on November 23, 2010, 02:07:10 AM ---For the sake of accuracy the size of gnome-icon-theme.tcz in repo is stated as 7.63 MB.
However, of course this is still more than enough to bother.

--- End quote ---
25.2MB is the size reported by emelFM2 once decompressed.

--- End quote ---

Makes sense...

--- Quote ---
--- Quote from: tinypoodle on November 23, 2010, 02:07:10 AM ---What I would try in such a case is making a customized "fat-free" extension which contains only the files really required.

--- End quote ---
My understanding is that this is synonymous with the action of my second bullet point.

--- End quote ---

Ok, seems I hadn't exactly understood then.

The more conservative and safe approach would be to remove everything redundant from a package.

What I would try in specific case would be to copy all the files not ending in .png plus the required icons, all with their full path.

I could imagine proper use of gtk-update-icon-cache might also be indicated, after installing the icons.

SamK:

--- Quote from: Arslan S. on November 21, 2010, 01:24:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: SamK on November 21, 2010, 12:50:36 AM ---

--- Quote from: Arslan S. on November 20, 2010, 01:39:01 PM ---i have discovered two other notification daemons notify-osd and xfce4-notifyd, tested from base, both working ok

--- End quote ---
This is encouraging news.  Do you intend to submit them to the repository?  Checking Lubuntu 10.10 reveals that notify-osd is installed as the default.  I for one would welcome an opportunity to use it in TC.

--- End quote ---

yes i will submit them soon

--- End quote ---
@ Arslan S.
Just wanted to express my thanks for submitting both new extensions so quickly. 

While looking into notify-osd I came across this site, https://launchpad.net/notifyconf   

--- Quote from: abstract from web site ---This application can customize the colours, fonts, and size of various elements of the Ubuntu's notification bubbles. The time they stay can also be adjusted.
--- End quote ---
It seems that this will provide the same type of configuration as is available with xfce4-notifyd.  Were you aware of this one?

Arslan S.:
no i didn't know notifyconf but after a bit investigation i can say :
it has no stable release,
it looks to be in very early stage, latest trunk revision is 7,
and it is not available in repositories of ubuntu, debian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version