Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

adding new programms to compiletc

<< < (4/6) > >>

c-coder:

--- Quote from: Jason W on December 16, 2008, 08:11:40 PM ---Compiling glibc totally in RAM on a system with 1GB memory and no swap ground it to a halt.  The solution of course is to use storage media to untar and build on and use tclocal or tcz's.  I rarely do anything totally in RAM except on the above mentioned1GB Windows only machine I sometimes have use of that has no working usb ports.
--- End quote ---

If enabling swap and mounting storage media would prevent tcl to freeze why doesnt tcl automount and enable the needed partition at the boot process.

On the machine where tcl is booting i have a plenty of swap and partition space.

^thehatsrule^:
I believe TC does enable any possible swap partitions (and certain dos swap files) automatically at boot, if detected (and hw configured).  If you have to load some extra modules out of the base/remaster, you'll probably have to manually enable the swap after.

As for data space, it is up to the user how to manage it.

c-coder:

--- Quote from: Juanito on December 16, 2008, 11:11:27 AM ---I'll look at making a separate svn extension - I've downloaded the tarballs, now I just have to find the time to compile them

--- End quote ---

Hello Juanito.

Thank you for the SVN Extension.
I have just now downloaded and installed the extension.
Does SVN Works for you on your PC Mashine.

I am getting allways the error Message "Unrecognized URL Sheme ..." if i try to download a repo with svn.
I have searched a litlle the Internet for this Problem and found this here.
http://azimbabu.blogspot.com/2008/07/using-svn-and-got-unrecognized-url.html

If i do the following "svn --v" i am getting the message that the svn modules ra_svn and ra_local are installed.
The ra_dav isnt included probably becouse of the missing webdav support at the compile time.
The ra_dav module however is the most used svn module if somebody want to download a repo over http.

Thanks for any help
Greetings c-coder

tobiaus:

--- Quote from: c-coder on December 18, 2008, 01:07:06 PM ---If enabling swap and mounting storage media would prevent tcl to freeze why doesnt tcl automount and enable the needed partition at the boot process.
--- End quote ---

not to mention that some people think a livecd should never touch the host machine or its partitions unless asked to. but as tc has 4 official boot methods, i could presumably expect this only of "cloud." even then, it's up to the community, not a standard. if the noswap boot option works, that's good.

c-coder:

--- Quote from: ^thehatsrule^ on December 18, 2008, 01:37:27 PM ---I believe TC does enable any possible swap partitions (and certain dos swap files) automatically at boot, if detected (and hw configured). 
--- End quote ---

Maybe it sound strange for others but i have a swap partition on the harddisk.
Linux distros like Puppy or Ubuntu recognize and mount this swap partition with no probs.

If i boot in Tiny Core Linux and start from the System Panel the "System Stats" application i cant find under the application Tab "filesystems" any swap Partition mounted.
For me TinyCoreLinux dont mount my swap Partition.

Could someone prove this also so i can be sure that this is not only related to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version