WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: I would like to enable 1080p resolution  (Read 139 times)

Offline MaxFury

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 57
I would like to enable 1080p resolution
« on: September 26, 2026, 10:58:45 AM »
Hi all!
I am using TinyCorePure64-17.1.iso and I would like to change the screen resolution to 1920x1080.
How can I do that?

-thanks!

Offline gadget42

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1093
Re: I would like to enable 1080p resolution
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2026, 12:02:36 PM »
this may or may-not be food-for-thought for your specifics

https://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=28281.0
** WARNING: connection is not using a post-quantum key exchange algorithm
** This session may be vulnerable to "store now, decrypt later" attacks
** https://openssh.com/pq.html - https://blog.cloudflare.com/tag/post-quantum
** Where's-Your-Disconnect?  https://www.cloudflare.com/under-attack-hotline

Offline Juanito

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 15830
Re: I would like to enable 1080p resolution
« Reply #2 on: Today at 10:17:30 AM »
How did you install TinyCore?

You should be able to use the Xorg-7.7 extension to get your monitors native resolution by default.

Offline MaxFury

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 57
Re: I would like to enable 1080p resolution
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:00:19 PM »
oh uh, I used TC intalll GUI.tcz.
Which xorg-7.7. should i install? there are so many.

Offline MaxFury

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 57
Re: I would like to enable 1080p resolution
« Reply #4 on: Today at 01:14:34 PM »
What do I do after installing   Xorg-7.7.tcz?

Offline MaxFury

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 57
Re: I would like to enable 1080p resolution
« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:24:05 PM »
I am using VirtualBox. Is that ok?