WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Fluff bug?  (Read 1416 times)

Offline OldAdamUser2

[SOLVED] Fluff bug?
« on: February 28, 2011, 05:54:27 PM »
I have recently upgraded from TC 2.8 to 3.5. During the process I backed-up my home/tc and copied back a couple of times. For what ever reason Fluff (a file manager that I already like a lot) shows two or three indentical copies of all the files in my /home/tc directory. When organized alphabetically, Fluff goes from A-Z three times as I scroll down. In suffix order I have double copies of everything--or virtually everything. For comparison, MC lists only a single instance of each file.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 03:42:23 PM by OldAdamUser2 »

Offline MikeLockmoore

• Good software needn't be big!
Re: Fluff bug?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 07:49:08 PM »
Hi OldAdamUser2.  I found and fixed a bug in version 0.8.9 that caused a similar effect, but it was triggered by longish (140+ character) filenames.  Are any of your filenames that long? Version 0.9.0 or later will have the long filename fix.  However, your problem may be from a different source.  

If you can tell me anything more specific about the steps that trigger this weird behavior so I can reproduce and hopefully fix the problem, I would appreciate it very much.  In this situation, if you close and re-open Fluff, is the list back to normal?  Is it only happening in hour home directory, or only if you copy things in a certain way?  

Update: Also, did you try "Refresh" (F5) when this happened before?  Did it clear up the multiple entries?  Or next time it happens, would you try that and see if it clears it up? 
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 07:52:58 PM by MikeLockmoore »

Offline OldAdamUser2

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 06:04:28 AM »
Hi Mike--

Problem solved! I did find one longish file name--a file I didn't even realize I had saved--but I didn't notice it because of all the others. Once I deleted it and refreshed, everything was fine.

Thanks.

Offline MikeLockmoore

• Good software needn't be big!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:36:20 AM »
Cool.  8)