WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Kmaps  (Read 3428 times)

Offline meo

Kmaps
« on: March 25, 2009, 12:49:04 PM »
Hello everybody!

I have tried all the ways I can think of to get my keymap set right but I have failed. Perhaps it isn't there in the kmaps extension or I haven't done it the right way (Actually I'm not certain how this extension works). I am from Sweden and the keymap is generally called se-latin1 and sometimed sv-latin1. If someone can help me with this I would be very grateful!! Thanks beforehands!

Have fun with TC Y'all,
meo

Modified some minutes after posting.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 12:54:59 PM by meo »
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline meo

Re: Kmaps
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 02:16:08 PM »
Hello again!

Now I know that the sv-latin1 keymap is present when the kmaps extension is loaded but I still cannot get it to work. I still get the us-keymap whatever I do to try to change it. I hope someone knows how to get this going. Thanks a lot!

Have fun,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Retired Admins
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 01:08:51 AM »

Offline meo

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 05:36:07 AM »
Thank's "hats"!

I had all that set up just like in the wiki already. The thing is that I only checked if it was the right kmap by trying out the specific letters for swedish like å, ä and ö but they don't work with the sv-latin1 kmap awailable. Therefore I copied the working kmap from DSL called se-latin1 and copied it into the right place but it would not be accepted since it is not in a binary form. I feel like I'm in a catch 22 situation. If anyone has a solution to this problem I'll be most grateful for some help. Thanks!

Have fun out there,
meo

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Retired Admins
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2009, 11:19:48 PM »
Are you sure you followed them? (ie you were not in X).  It changes my layout here.  There are other se-* keymaps included though, which may be of interest.

I think you need to convert 'regular' keymaps to a busybox readable format.  This might help: http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=135.0

Offline nickispeaki

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 07:08:48 AM »
the same problem with ua-cp1251.kmap!

There is not any .kmaps in /usr/share/kmap/ after installing kmaps.tce! kmaps.tce was installed after X, libglade.tcel.

What to do?

Offline nickispeaki

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2009, 06:13:17 AM »
tonight i have THIRD GREAT ATEMPTION of install ua- keyboard on TCL.

Well! I have usa flag on topbar!
It's great!

but where is my ua and ru?

Great process - installing of keyboard support...  8)