WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: XFCE keyboard shortcuts don't work after reboot, but are still defined...  (Read 2696 times)

Offline baz

I defined a couple of shortcuts in XFCE through settings > keyboard > application shortcuts. They work fine after I create them, but when I reboot they no longer respond. Of course, my first thought was that the config file must be stored in somewhere like /usr and I need to back it up, but when I go back to re-define them, they are all still there. The config file is actually stored in /home and I use a persistent /home.

What gives?

Could it be related to the boot message "Setting keymap to US"?

Cheers.

Offline baz

So the issue is not related to boot, it is related to X. If I exit X then re-startx, the same thing will happen, my Keyboard shortcuts will not respond even though they are still defined.

Any idea where I could begin hunting down a solution to this? No-one else is mapping shortcuts in XFCE?

Offline gwalther

Are you using Xorg?

I had a very similar problem on one machine with key bindings using JWM and Xorg.  To solve it I had to edit... home/tc/.xsession...add a line..... sleep 8...after the first line call to Xorg.

I could then exit to the prompt and startx and the bindings worked.

Offline baz

Thanks for the suggestion. I am using Xorg7.4 but the solution didn't work unfortunately. I even tried sleep 80 just in case. The search continues...

Offline baz

This issue is really putting a damper on my workflow :)

It is still happening on my new TC 2.10 / Xorg / Xfce installation.

I'd be forever grateful for a solution!