WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: What is the file manager that shows up when you click "browse" on a webpage?  (Read 2880 times)

Offline baz

If you have a stock TC and only install a browser then click "browse" on a webpage, some sort of file selection utility pops up - what is that?

Offline althalus

I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about, but if I understand correctly, then it will probably be a widget built into the development toolkit used by the browser (eg, GTK1/2, QT, KDE)

Offline baz

Oh ok, makes sense. What's interesting is that Chrome's and Firefox's are identical - so I thought they were built in to the OS somehow, but Opera is different. These widgets actually have a "Places" section that shows all current mounts, which I actually miss in PCMANFM. Here are screenshots of what I was talking about:

Offline baz

Hmm, the img /img tag didn't seem to work. They are attached.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2023, 12:52:53 AM by Rich »

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Retired Admins
Opera uses QT while those others uses GTK(2)

Offline Jason W

• Retired Admins
What you are seeing is the native file selection utility for QT and gtk2.  It is the same used for all apps that use those toolkits.

Offline baz

It is a bit less obvious in the screenshots that I posted because it is using a fresh TC install - but you will still see a section in the left-pane with the available mounts, and in my previous TC install where I had NFS drives mounted it showed those as well too, along with convenient shortcuts, recent places, etc. - very similar to "Places" in Nautilus. PCMANFM doesn't seem have that side-bar area.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
PCMANFM doesn't seem have that side-bar area.

Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline baz

HACKER!!!

Just kidding... so... ummm... how was your new year? Fine I hope - oh incidentally - HOW DID YOU DO THAT?

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
HACKER!!!

Just kidding... so... ummm... how was your new year? Fine I hope - oh incidentally - HOW DID YOU DO THAT?

New year: thanks, fine :)

Pcmanfm: just opened it in the LXDE menu, System Tools
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."