WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Cann`t delete the extensions  (Read 2498 times)

Offline dsara35

Cann`t delete the extensions
« on: December 23, 2009, 05:45:12 AM »
In my system arora browser extension is installed in opt/tce.. i cannt delete that extension.. How to delete that???? ::) :o ;D
D.Saravanan

Offline gerald_clark

• TinyCore Moderator
Re: Cann`t delete the extensions
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 01:49:03 PM »
Where did you get it, and why can't you delete it?

Offline dsara35

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 11:33:41 PM »
I dont know but i cann`t move from that directory. In tools->appsaudit the path is set as mnt/hda1/tce.. How to change that path???? Bcoz My arora is installed in opt/tce only...?????????????????????????????????
D.Saravanan

Offline JoXo009

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 01:17:31 AM »
?????????????????????????????????
These poor smileys would prefer to celebrate Xmas. 8)

Your problem is difficult to answer without profound information about your setup.

But reading that appsaudit decided to use /mnt/hda1/tce I guess you did an ordinary hard drive setup following the official TC installation guide.

Maybe later you've mixed something up and happened to 'install' your aurora in a wrong place with the consequence that your system doesn't know anything of this wild 'install' and you have to repair it by hand.

Have a look into the file /opt/.filetool.lst. It the directory 'opt/tce' mentioned there?

If yes, have a look into that dir and decide if it would be OK to delete its whole content.

If yes, delete the line 'opt/tce' in your /opt/.filetool.lst file, reboot and hopefully  (if no other bootcodes are working in /mnt/hda1/boot/grub/menu.lst) your arora is away.

But should your setup be different you need to give more detailed information, pastebin of /mnt/hda1/boot/grub/menu.lst and /opt/.filetool.lst could be helpful.

Good luck