WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: better font for icewm  (Read 2612 times)

Offline JoXo009

better font for icewm
« on: November 30, 2009, 06:23:59 AM »
Customizing icewm I only find two fonts available, that is
Luxi Sans [b&h] and (within infadel theme) artwiz-snap-regular, to my impression both not optimal for higher screen resoution.

I would like to try another font (12 or 14 instead of artwiz 10 but smaller than b&h)

On the other hand I dont want to invest a lot of time in learning the whole art of creating and handling fonts.

Is there a fast and easy way to add a new font to icewm and use it there and from which source is that font available?

And which steps exactly are necessary to get such font working in themes for example?

Offline 4-stroke

better font for icewm
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 07:29:29 AM »
Is there a fast and easy way to add a new font to icewm and use it there and from which source is that font available?

And which steps exactly are necessary to get such font working in themes for example?

Have you tried installing one of the font extensions from the repo e.g ttf-bitstream-vera.tcz.
A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." - Douglas Adams

Offline JoXo009

Re: better font for icewm
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 01:44:14 PM »
Quote from: 4-stroke
ttf-bitstream-vera.tcz.
Thanks, good tip.

This open source bitstream Vera font is really an improvement for higher resolution.

Whereas Libfltk, mentioned by tinier, seems appropriate for lower resolution only.