WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: tcz loop devices not mounting from remastered ISO image  (Read 4339 times)

Offline nsqtr

tcz loop devices not mounting from remastered ISO image
« on: October 03, 2009, 05:39:37 PM »
I've got a microcore 2.3 image that I've remastered with a few tcz's, which loop mount fine when I run the ISO inside of a VMWare image, but when I burn to disk and boot a physical machine, the loop mounts fail.

However, I can mount the tcz's manually after the system has booted completely, then run "ldconfig -r /" and everything works swell.

I'm puzzled, of course, since things work as planned when I boot the ISO to a VMWare image.

I've got syslogd fire up but nothing shows up in the log or dmesg.  I can see some sort of error messages fly by, but I can't seem to trap them.

any ideas on how to debug this is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Offline roberts

• Administrator
  • Founder Emeritus
Re: tcz loop devices not mounting from remastered ISO image
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 06:14:40 PM »
Adding pause to your boot options should pause the screen so you can read the boot messages.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline nsqtr

Re: tcz loop devices not mounting from remastered ISO image
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 09:08:12 AM »
thanks. that helped. I'd not explicitly created /dev/loop devices when I scooped up the file system. I guess there is some sort of race condition that occurs and in the vm image I'd not seen it.  Creating /dev/loop files before I cpio'ed fixed the problem.