WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: PostgresSQL not creating database folder  (Read 1863 times)

Offline wolftec

PostgresSQL not creating database folder
« on: July 29, 2016, 01:57:03 PM »
I've installed PostgresSQL9.5.1 and PostgresSQL9.5.1- locale on Version 7.2, but when i try to create the data directory usinf initdb it always gives me a conversions error that it cannot find the cryllic file.
where is the convertions file located?

Error
creating conversions ... FATAL: could not find function "alt_to_mic" in file "$libdir/cyrillic_and_mic'"
STATEMENT: CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION alt_to_mic (INTEGER, INTEGER, CSTRING, INTERNAL, INTEGER) RETURNS VOID AS '$libdir/cyrillic_and_mic', 'alt_to_mic' LANGUAGE 'c' STRICT;
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 02:03:59 PM by wolftec »

Offline andyj

Re: PostgresSQL not creating database folder
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 03:36:32 PM »
That's a feature of the way PostgreSQL resolves paths, which I didn't learn until I started building other extensions. The short answer is that it's broken for linked extensions. Try using the copy2fs flag and see if that helps. I'll rebuild 9.5.3 for the 32-bit version after I get home tonight. The package layout and names are a little different to fix the problem you are seeing, so you'll just need to drop the ones you have for now. However, 64-bit is up to date and working now if you want to give that a try.

Offline wolftec

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 04:44:47 AM »
Thanks for your help,
Is there anyway, i can get and use the older 9.4 verison?

Offline andyj

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 10:30:45 AM »
For 64-bit it's in the repository. For 32-bit I built 9.4.8. You can get it here: http://www.asjohnson.com/tinycorelinux/7.x/x86/tcz/. Again I created a test database and select version() worked, but you will need to test it further before I submit it.