WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Where are options described for command line tools  (Read 1645 times)

Offline oleg

Where are options described for command line tools
« on: February 16, 2012, 09:42:36 PM »
I am stuck.

I try to find any place where commands are explained with their options, like tce-load, tce-run, tce-setup, and other TC specific commands. The only help I can find is Usage string with strange options line -wicl without any explanation, or quite useless recommendations on the wiki site to use a particular option in a specific situation.

Does this information exist at all? Would it be sensible to create a separate page on the wiki for each command explaining each option?

I have to ask the question I asked exactly 2 years ago (http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,4977.msg26398.htm). How to load an extension by mounting from the hard drive, and how to load by loading it into memory?

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Where are options described for command line tools
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 10:13:23 PM »
Hi oleg
Yes, the help returned by  those commands is rather cryptic, however, these commands are scripts and if you
look inside them there are some comments at the beginning of those files.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 10:34:33 PM »
Would be good to have a WIKI page by those who are using and knows them. Much better place would be the official WEB FAQ, as they are official TC components and unique, can't find man opages in example ARCH.
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline oleg

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 10:52:42 PM »
Hi oleg
Yes, the help returned by  those commands is rather cryptic, however, these commands are scripts and if you
look inside them there are some comments at the beginning of those files.
Thank you. Somehow it was the last place I could think of. Fortunately I can read shell.

Offline Rich

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 11:11:30 PM »
Hi oleg
Your welcome. I don't know about the other commands, but the tce-load script gives examples of command usage
in the opening comments. It's to bad those don't get printed out when asking for help.