WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How to get all of (multicore) 'tca' on hard drive?  (Read 6077 times)

Offline Guy

Re: How to get all of (multicore) 'tca' on hard drive?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2011, 11:55:50 AM »
A potentially related question:  is it possible to mount a bootable pendrive read/write, to add files ?  I'm looking for a simplest way to create a pen drive with MultiCore plus a custom directory.

If you are using Linux, you should be able to access it after a default installation on a usb drive.

If you are using Windows, it may be best to install it with a partition for sharing files.
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.net/wiki:install_with_partition_for_sharing

There are also other ways.
Many people see what is. Some people see what can be, and make a difference.

Offline jonathanbrickman0000

• PC TSC:  Easily turn a PC into a terminal server client
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2011, 12:32:43 PM »
Oh, now I get it; LABEL is the partition/filesystem label :-)  Very cool, should have thought of that.  So let's say I take my USB stick, create a partition and filesystem labelled MultiCore (is that possible under ext4, or just NTFS/vfat?), copy the ISO contents over, and create my custom directory.  How do I make it bootable?

J.E.B.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2011, 12:51:22 PM »
All FSs that I can think of support labels. You can use extlinux, just rename the isolinux config file.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline coreplayer2

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 03:59:56 PM »
I think the intention of MultiCore has been lost here,  it is after all only a method to install tc.     The installer in the multicore iso will install the full tc to any drive including thumbdrive, I think that is what the op is really looking for..