WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Flash upgrade  (Read 30914 times)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Flash upgrade
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2009, 07:23:52 AM »
Yes, there will be a new repo for a major version change since a major version will bring new kernel and/or libc.  This way the 1.x repo is preserved for those who would like to continue using 1.x.  The apps that are not kernel related or depend on kernel module extensions have been copied to the 2.x repo and are ready for use.

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2009, 07:41:38 AM »
Yes, there will be a new repo for a major version change since a major version will bring new kernel and/or libc.  This way the 1.x repo is preserved for those who would like to continue using 1.x.

oh i love you guys, seriously... i wonder how robert would feel if i sent a few dollars to anyone else on his team, as he insists on being the digital philanthropist, distributing his wealth and refusing "compensation." (i love how the riaa has turned "compensation" into a filthy word.) i like the idea of giving to free software projects, i especially like the idea of having a lot more money to give them! i do think "gratis" should always be a real option, i don't like being pressured and i don't think everyone that builds on free software transforms it (or even maintains it) as much as robert has.

Offline ps

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2009, 01:06:15 PM »
Hi Tobiaus,

Maybe you don't care about the following if you've already gone to 2.0 ... . I'm not exactly sure what happened when you tried to install flash 10, but if your browser crashed while you were doing the copy, perhaps that had something to do with it -> I really didn't try to do any special config or anything. If the browser is recognizing it, then it should show up when you enter in "about:plugins" as a URL.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2009, 01:28:57 PM »
The getflash10.tce posted in this thread was not submitted, so it is not in the extension area.  We prefer submitting extensions rather than posting links, and those that are submitted are normally posted the same day or the next.  Submissions from anyone are welcomed and encouraged. 

I will upload this getflash10.tce to the repo since there is a desire for it in TC 1.x. 

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2009, 06:10:42 PM »
Upon a closer look, I see that the getflash10.tce extension that was posted retrieves adobe flash player from a 3rd party site.  Adobe licensing does not permit this.  I removed the links in this thread since the getflash10.tce is not following adobe's distribution policy.  This is the bad news.

As getflash10.tce was a simple modification to Robert's getflash9 I will use the download linkd provided by ps in this thread to create the extension with.

I will talk more on posting links in the guidelines thread.

Offline kerpob

« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2009, 03:08:42 AM »
Getflash 10 works for both opera and minefield/firefox in 2.0. It is also much faster than getflash 9 was for 1.0 as the download is so much smaller.

You need to install and start the browser first. And OSS. And turn OSS sound on.
eee user. From Xandros to Debian via Breeezy to TCL.

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: April 27, 2009, 08:42:21 AM »
One shouldn't need to manually turn sound on anymore, the action is now in the extension install script
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #67 on: April 27, 2009, 08:12:25 PM »
Upon a closer look, I see that the getflash10.tce extension that was posted retrieves adobe flash player from a 3rd party site.  Adobe licensing does not permit this.  I removed the links in this thread since the getflash10.tce is not following adobe's distribution policy.  This is the bad news.

As getflash10.tce was a simple modification to Robert's getflash9 I will use the download linkd provided by ps in this thread to create the extension with.

I will talk more on posting links in the guidelines thread.

I would hope that 2.x will work with current flash10 releases.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 08:14:48 PM by jpeters »

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2009, 05:31:47 AM »
Upon a closer look, I see that the getflash10.tce extension that was posted retrieves adobe flash player from a 3rd party site.  Adobe licensing does not permit this.

and here i thought the new flash was cc-licensed (which would permit it.) that said i agree that it's better to download binaries directly from the author.

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2009, 08:51:21 PM »
I'd be really surprised if that happens anytime soon.  I'm guessing the support module was mixed up in this.

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2009, 10:27:18 PM »
well, getflash9 works in 1.x and getflash10 is working in 2.x. i'm not sure based on reading everything here if the getflash10 (downloaded it today) is still using the naughty 3rd party site (i like the fact that tc's repository goes by the book) i only know that i've used flash 10 in tc.

Offline jls

« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2009, 05:13:32 AM »
the flash 10 051508 is working 4 me on my p3 and also on my amd 560 but not on my p2 (talking about tinycore 1.4)
dCore user

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2009, 07:54:34 AM »
The 2.x version of getflash10 downloads the latest flash from the adobe site, presently version 10,0,22,87.  From what I read adobe only allows downloads directly from their site.

I will post the getflash10.tce that uses the download link directly from adobe for TC 1.x.  It is on my long to do list.

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2009, 08:31:32 AM »
The 2.x version of getflash10 downloads the latest flash from the adobe site, presently version 10,0,22,87.  From what I read adobe only allows downloads directly from their site.

I will post the getflash10.tce that uses the download link directly from adobe for TC 1.x.  It is on my long to do list.

last time I checked, nothing worked but the old beta version.  Do you have this working? Also, does someone have an updated compiletc? 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 08:47:15 AM by jpeters »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2009, 09:05:20 AM »
Compiletc has been factored out into other extensions.

The old beta version is what the getflash10 would be for TC 1.x.  I recommend just using flash 9 with TC 1.x.  But as there is interest in the flash 10 beta for 1.x I will get around to packaging it.