WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Flash upgrade  (Read 30909 times)

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
Re: Flash upgrade
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2009, 07:39:31 AM »
I see what you're saying....I chroot into a system without x, and it works because mouse drivers are loaded in ram.....otherwise there wouldn't be mouse support. 

there is another, less fancy way, but i don't remember what it's called. (it sounds like "gdm.") as an extension it would allow mouse use without x being installed, presumably with but (importantly) without the framebuffer. then there's the matter of no elinks extension... there is links but one has limited javascript support, the other doesn't?

Offline ps

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2009, 11:03:24 AM »

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2009, 02:38:00 PM »
I see what you're saying....I chroot into a system without x, and it works because mouse drivers are loaded in ram.....otherwise there wouldn't be mouse support. 

there is another, less fancy way, but i don't remember what it's called. (it sounds like "gdm.") as an extension it would allow mouse use without x being installed, presumably with but (importantly) without the framebuffer. then there's the matter of no elinks extension... there is links but one has limited javascript support, the other doesn't?

I just submitted elinks 0.11.6, which has CSS support.  You can configure to work with zgv viewer.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 04:34:44 PM by jpeters »

Offline jls

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2009, 08:25:21 AM »
The latest flash 10 beta that I could find (and, it works ;) is:
http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/flashplayer10_install_linux_091508.tar.gz
when I install it I got plugin not present in both opera and firefox
dCore user

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2009, 09:50:42 AM »
when I install it I got plugin not present in both opera and firefox

i installed/ran getFlash9.tce, went to: http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_15507

Your Player Version: LNX 9,0,159,0

then found libflashplayer.so in /usr/local/firefox/plugins, untarzipped the new tar.gz, sudo su, cp libflashplayer.so /usr/local/firefox/plugins then restarted the browser (the browser closed during the copy.)

the player version is no longer reported, youtube stopped playing videos, this method didn't install it. although the newer version of getFlash9.tce stops some of the "you need the latest flash player" messages.

Offline jls

« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2009, 10:45:30 AM »
the player version is no longer reported, youtube stopped playing videos, this method didn't install it. although the newer version of getFlash9.tce stops some of the "you need the latest flash player" messages.
So if youtube doesn't play videos, your flash is not working
dCore user

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2009, 11:07:03 AM »
if youtube doesn't play videos, your flash is not working

i was deliberately implying that. i'm not very skeptical that someone has the above linked flash10 working, but the most obvious way of installing it to me (on top of the usual version in tc) isn't doing it. the question is how did he, because we already know some users here have managed to install flash 10 (robert included, based on his posts earlier.)

Offline jls

« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2009, 11:59:06 AM »
If you really need to use 10, there are always the older versions that did not require glibc 2.4 to try.

You right. I just tested Flash Player 10 Beta 1 (10.0 b218). And it works very well in TC.
http://www.google.pl/search?q=flashplayer10_install_linux_051508.tar.gz
It support HQ clips in You Tube, and it's even faster than Flash 9.0.48. You can use this benchmark to check for yourself.
http://www.craftymind.com/factory/guimark/GUIMark_Flex3.html

I created an extenison that's very similar to getFlash9. It works with Minefield 3.0.4 and Opera 9.64, but there's some problems with perfomance in Opera. It slow down sometimes.

-------------Links removed by Jason W due to licensing issues--------------

Edit: It doesn't work with Seamonkey 1.1.15
the 051508 is working 4 me
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 05:39:49 PM by Jason W »
dCore user

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2009, 12:13:57 PM »
i wonder if they'll add his getFlash10.tce to the repository? no reason we can't have both.

Offline ps

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2009, 09:04:19 PM »
 The only thing I did to get the beta flash 10 (built against an older glibc it seems) working, for minefield was to copy libflashplayer.so to /usr/local/firefox/plugins/ . Nothing else was required. Aside: a lot easier for me to do each boot (I'm booting off of a CD) than using appbrowser to load extensions (tce-load fails, silently, for me .. still using TC 1.2).

Offline jls

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2009, 03:28:29 AM »
maybe u are using PPI mode and u have the extension u try to install in /usr/local/tce.installed. Remove the file in this dir and try to load the extension again.
dCore user

Offline ps

« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2009, 12:38:35 PM »
 Nope, not PPI mode - boot anew each time from the CD (and ext= doesn't work - think only wks with an install). And I don't have any of the progs under /usr/local/tce.installed before attempting to load them. Eventually I'll remaster and it won't really matter so much anymore.

Thanks,
P

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2009, 04:17:21 AM »
The only thing I did to get the beta flash 10 (built against an older glibc it seems) working, for minefield was to copy libflashplayer.so to /usr/local/firefox/plugins/ . Nothing else was required.

exactly what i did, and flash stops running. either you and robert are using a different version (i used one linked to in this thread) or one of you is installing or configuring something i'm not. using tc 1.2.

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2009, 05:13:05 AM »
The latest Flash 10 is working nicely in TC 2.0alpha.  There is also a getFlash10.tce in the repo for it.  Like mentioned in the alpha release announcement, do not mix tce repos between TC 1.x and TC 2.x as they have different kernel and libc versions.  If you feel like alpha testing then Flash 10 is only one click away.

Offline tobiaus

• Suspended
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2009, 06:36:32 AM »
there will be two repositories then, one for each (major) version?