Off-Topic > MicroCore Alpha Releases

Micro Core 3.0 Alpha Testing

<< < (4/7) > >>

^thehatsrule^:
Looking again, the gray/industrial style actually seems to go quite well with the logo (maybe it's the screw, etc.)

Juanito:

--- Quote from: roberts on June 07, 2010, 11:13:14 PM ---Got complaints that the gray was too industrial, too void of any color.

--- End quote ---

Ah - preferred the grey myself  :)

roberts:
Nothing in concrete, just thought I would sample some colors during the alphas and rcs.
I arbitrarily came up with that gray, r g b of 0.400 0.400 0.400. But then it was pointed out that that translates to #666666  :o

Lee:
The green gives it a quaint kind of "Windows 95" feel.   ;D

Somewhere along the line I inadvertently "restored" the 2.11.3 background... but I'm ok with that anyhow.

roberts:
Micro Core v3.0 Alpha7 is now posted at http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/tinycorelinux/3.x/release_candidates/microcore

Change log for Alpha 7

* Updated .filetool.lst & .xfiletool.lst to support alternate user(s).
* Updated tce-setdrive to suport alternate user.
* Updated shutdown.sh. Added .xfiletool.lst processing when home not in backup for persistent home.
* Updated tc-functions getMirror and getbasefile.
* Updated tce-load. Added for -i option, a fall through check of standard .tce_dir
* Updated tce-load. Fixed bug. Local loading was not processing all dependencies.
* Updated filetool.sh to explicitly call busybox tar.

Note. Files likely in your backup that have changed and need to be updated:

opt/.filetool.lst
opt/.xfiletool.lst
opt/shutdown.sh

Note: Major changes to /opt/.filetool.lst /opt/.xfiletool.lst /opt/shutdown.sh to accommodate alternate
users. Please test carefully. We  are still in Alpha code and nobody is using Alpha Code in production.

Still make an extra backup of home directory. Test carefully.

Also Updated:
* Xprogs.gz
* flwm.tcz
* flwm_topside.tcz

See Tiny Core Announcement regarding the X related item:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=6458.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version