Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Bugs

Chromium downloaded files not fully integrated with OS/Filesystem

<< < (2/2)

althalus:
And I also forgot to mention that you need the full Xorg installed. Neither Xvesa nor the xlibs_support.tcz have the xprop command, which xdg-utils depends on but doesn't list in it's deps.

--- Quote ---I use XFCE by the way and its the same.

--- End quote ---
Sorry, not sure I quite follow you there - the same as what?

baz:
Oh, you said "if you aren't using XFCE, Gnome, or KDE", and I just wanted to let you know I am. I'm also using Xorg. So should I test the 2nd solution? Do you think these are things that could be fixed in the packaging to make it automatic?

althalus:
The only real difference between the first and second set of instructions, was that the second set included a command for specifying default applications from command line using xdg-mime, and suggested to install XFCE instead of firefox.

Testing my own instructions, it becomes apparent that while xdg-open works in XFCE, xdg-mime does not, and subsequently, everything seems to go pear shaped in xfce. a bit of hacking on the xdg-mime script can make it work though.

The xdg-utils package definitely has room for improvement. I'll get in touch with with the package maintainer (Arslan), and see about getting a version built specifically for TC - maybe even generalize it enough to work no matter what DE is installed.

jls:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=5476.0

althalus:

--- Quote from: jls_legalize on March 25, 2010, 05:49:52 PM ---http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=5476.0

--- End quote ---
That must be specific to midori.
Chromium utilises the xdg-open command, which tries to decide what to do based on your desktop environment (launching firefox, netscape, or mozilla if it can't tell what your DE is). Simply setting the mime type isn't enough, so midori obviously handles opening files differently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version