WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Requests for extensions  (Read 277898 times)

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Requests for extensions
« Reply #300 on: July 20, 2010, 01:53:06 PM »
BTW. My wireless card doesnt work.
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=48&PFid=48&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false&Downloads=true#RTL8192SE
I need this driver. Could you add it to the wireless drivers? Because I saw that 8180 is in there, but it only works with r8192se_pci.
I know that from ArchLinux

The wireless- extension only includes drivers from the kernel source. Any third-party drivers can be separate extensions, assuming they can be redistributed.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline buggy

« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2010, 05:01:38 PM »
Wine 1.2 & Compiz 0.9.x?

compiz has to wait till gnome update is completed
For compiz-gnome or all compiz-packages? I've been using compiz with w/e the stock desktop system is.

Offline Arslan S.

« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2010, 10:52:38 PM »
compiz gnome depends on compiz gtk window decorator which needs gnome headers to build so it has to wait
also compiz 0.9 is new which means it is untested, probably buggy and no other linux distro is updated to 0.9 yet. As a conclusion for good of everyone, and me it has to wait :)

Offline SamK

« Reply #303 on: July 21, 2010, 03:41:44 AM »
Request for gmpc (graphical music player daemon client).

Packages are available in the main Ubuntu repos and at the maintainers Launcpad site:
https://launchpad.net/~gmpc-trunk/+archive/ppa

I am looking into using low spec (second hand) thin client booting TC to both play mpd streams locally and also control remote mpd server. Hopefully it will produce an appliance type unit based on TC with an attractive interface.

Offline ophiry

• LinkedIn Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 23, 2010, 03:06:44 PM »
Are the old extensions automatically ported?

some extensions i'm looking for, and I believe at least part of them were available in older versions

sftp-server (for use with dropbear)
vmware tools + vmware player  \ virtualbox + tools

Offline batnas

« Reply #305 on: July 23, 2010, 04:17:40 PM »
I would like to see samba divided in 2:
samba3-server
samba3-client

I would be smart if you want a samba server running, but dont use the client ;)

\\Batns

Offline marquitico

Re: Requests for extensions : Newer Murrine engine?
« Reply #306 on: July 23, 2010, 04:38:21 PM »
Any possibility of a newer Murrine engine than the 0.53.1 version in gtk-engines.tcz? Not only is it so old that the majority of the available Murrine themes break with this engine, but the maintainer on his blog admits a faulty algorithm (contrast-related, I think), which has since been fixed.

Not mission-critical, I know, but still.

Offline Arslan S.

Re: Requests for extensions : Newer Murrine engine?
« Reply #307 on: July 23, 2010, 10:28:41 PM »
Any possibility of a newer Murrine engine than the 0.53.1 version in gtk-engines.tcz? Not only is it so old that the majority of the available Murrine themes break with this engine, but the maintainer on his blog admits a faulty algorithm (contrast-related, I think), which has since been fixed.

Not mission-critical, I know, but still.

it is already done but not submitted yet, it is in the queue
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 10:33:42 PM by Arslan S. »

Offline Kingdomcome

« Reply #308 on: July 24, 2010, 07:40:28 AM »
Could we get the kernel headers for 3.x packaged into an extension please?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #309 on: July 24, 2010, 08:18:54 AM »
whilst waiting you can use base-dev  ;)

Offline ^thehatsrule^

• Administrator
« Reply #310 on: July 25, 2010, 12:09:42 PM »
Kingdomecome: I'll try to get out something soon, even if it's just for testing ;)

Offline jls

« Reply #311 on: July 26, 2010, 07:31:36 AM »
I'd like lirc for tc/mc3.x
dCore user

Offline huffpuff

« Reply #312 on: July 26, 2010, 01:11:05 PM »
I am partial to minimalist text editors so I would like to supplicate to the Gods the following:

either the Python-scripted Pyroom or, ideally, the Qt-based Textroom which makes rather handy typewriting noises that, if nothing else, keep you awake late at night when all other sensible folk have slipped off with their Horlicks...

Offline 3rail

« Reply #313 on: August 01, 2010, 06:35:11 PM »
I'd like to request OSS4.0 be ported from 2.x to 3.x.  Is this even possible given the new kernel in 3.x?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 12:07:16 PM by 3rail »

Offline donquixote2u

« Reply #314 on: August 05, 2010, 04:01:37 AM »
Request for gmpc (graphical music player daemon client).

Packages are available in the main Ubuntu repos and at the maintainers Launcpad site:
https://launchpad.net/~gmpc-trunk/+archive/ppa

I am looking into using low spec (second hand) thin client booting TC to both play mpd streams locally and also control remote mpd server. Hopefully it will produce an appliance type unit based on TC with an attractive interface.

... and now that we have mpd could someone with some packaging expertise add mpc too please!  I have compiled it and its libmpdclient dependency but hesitate to try to package it.

I am travelling almost the same path as SamK here, moving my music off Ampache running on an Ubuntu pc to a thin-client based TC setup.

My main desire was to quickly assemble ad-hoc playlists based on searches of my mp3 tags (as well as the Genre/Artist/Title tags I have used the Album tag space for a Mood attribute)  but I hadn't found any clients that do playlist compilation well.

I hadn't really thought about a console based client, but once I saw this screen shot - http://mpd.wikia.com/wiki/File:Client-mpc-20030723_1.jpg -  of mpc in action, I was sold. It works great - in seconds I can refine my selections and fire the playlist at mpd.

As well as the console mode, I wrote a very simple bash cgi web interface for mpc (lighttpd server) so the gf can do her selecting from her laptop . One day I might package that!  ;D