WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Audio doesnt work  (Read 1842 times)

Offline jamz82

Audio doesnt work
« on: July 22, 2009, 04:50:01 PM »
Hi there!  Today I installed tinycore linux and I think It s good. I searched in the forum but i cant find an answer.. I tried to watch youtube videos but audio doesnt work...my sound card is AC97 integrated with the motherboard. how can I configure  the audio? Do I need to install something? thanks!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 01:23:47 AM by jamz82 »

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
Re: Audio doesnt work
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 05:30:48 PM »
Need to install alsa or OSS extensions for sound to work.

Offline jamz82

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 01:23:20 AM »
Need to install alsa or OSS extensions for sound to work.

Thanks Jason W,
 installed OSS and I did the audio test in the terminal, It worked.  ;D I read somewhere ALSA is more recent, maybe is better then OSS. Can I install OSS and ALSA togheter?
In the appbrowser there are 5 ALSA tce and tcel, do I have to install all of them?

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 04:56:59 AM »
For alsa, all you need is alsa.tcel from tha appbrowser and it will install the alsa-modules as a dependency.

As for whether alsa or OSS is better, depends on your hardware and sometimes software situation.  Each has it's own good and bad points, and each has it's fans.  OSS does not get locked to one application and that could save some headache at times.

OSS and alsa are best not to install at the same time unless you really know what you are doing.  Their modules get autoloaded upon loading the extension.