Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Talk

Resume/Suspend on eee

(1/3) > >>

spillz:

--- Quote from: Juanito on January 12, 2009, 04:44:01 AM ---It might work natively (i.e. without any extensions loaded).

From a root window:
--- Code: ---# echo -n "mem" > /sys/power/state
--- End code ---

This works with/without X started on my dell d400. If it's still nogo, you could try the pci-utils/suspend/d-bus extensions together?

--- End quote ---

I can use this command to suspend my eee, but it doesn't come out of the coma. The computer reactivates at a keypress but is effectively frozen.

I saw thread about suspend issues with earlier tinycore: http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=447.0 where the OP used:

--- Code: ---s2ram -f -p -m

--- End code ---
(though not on a eee)

Haven't tried this. But doesn't appear to be in the base and I don't see a suspend.tce package? I haven't played with pci-utils...

If s2ram isn't available/doesn't work, I suspect I prob need to suspend/resume video, shutdown/reactivate wifi and maybe some other stuff pre/post. Anyone had success here? If so, what steps do I need? Just like for wifi, I'll happily write a howto if I get this working. I'll document as I go...

Juanito:

--- Quote from: spillz on July 14, 2009, 07:10:05 AM ---Haven't tried this. But doesn't appear to be in the base and I don't see a suspend.tce package? I haven't played with pci-utils...

--- End quote ---

suspend is a tc_1.x extension - I'm not totally ssure if this would work with tc_2.x

spillz:

--- Quote from: Juanito on July 14, 2009, 07:43:07 AM ---
--- Quote from: spillz on July 14, 2009, 07:10:05 AM ---Haven't tried this. But doesn't appear to be in the base and I don't see a suspend.tce package? I haven't played with pci-utils...

--- End quote ---

suspend is a tc_1.x extension - I'm not totally ssure if this would work with tc_2.x

--- End quote ---

because it needs to be recompiled or doesn't work with newer kernel?

Juanito:
..because it might not work with the newer kernel. I'll have a look at re-compiling it for tc_2.x

Juanito:
suspend extension for tc_2.x posted

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version