Tiny Core Extensions > TCE Corepure64

NVIDIA driver on TCE Corepure64 9.x

<< < (2/6) > >>

coreplayer2:
Currently I've not been able to successfully build the latest Nvidia driver for corepure64.  Additionally, older driver versions have to be built on machines with a supported Nvidia Card installed.

So at present I have only prepared the Nvidia v390.77 driver extension for TinyCore-9.0 x86  which works flawlessly with my Nvidia 1060 powered Notebook.  Actually I've been holding off submitting it untill I figured out what's wrong with the Nvidia compiler for v390.77 x86_64 driver, unless someone asks for it

So the important question is: For which Nvidia card are you requiring a driver for?

Alligadi:
The 5500M GT. the newest driver I found supporting it is 390.87, but I am happy with any driver that supports it and can at least use shader model 2.
Thank you for your help!

Best regards,
Alligadi

coreplayer2:

--- Quote from: Alligadi on October 24, 2018, 05:15:48 PM ---The 5500M GT. the newest driver I found supporting it is 390.87, but I am happy with any driver that supports it and can at least use shader model 2.

--- End quote ---

I think you might need to recheck that model number because AFAIK Nvidia have never made a Geforce 5500   ??  If they did it's no longer supported even with their oldest Legacy drivers.. 

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/137276/en-us
Long time ago they made a Quadro M5500  which for some bizarre reason is still supported  in the latest drivers, but there are no Geforce cards older than the 200 series supported by the current drivers

Just saying..

Alligadi:
Oh damn, I meant Gefore GT 555M.
Output from lspci:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GF106M [GeForce GT 555M] (rev a1)

Sorry for my fish memory.

Best regards,
Alligadi

Alligadi:
coreplayer2:
What did you do to make the Nvidia driver even compile?
The linux-4.14.3_api_headers.tcz
and
linux-kernel-sources-env.tcz
don't seem to be sufficient to compile 390.87 as the paths and headers seem to be different than what the driver expects,
also symbolic linking didn't fix it for me. If it would compile I could easily prepare a tcz on my own.
I can post a detailed error message in some days in case you are interested.

Best regards,
Alligadi

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version