WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Autogen for TC5.x  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Zill

Autogen for TC5.x
« on: August 11, 2014, 02:09:17 PM »
I am trying to use Anjuta, and when I try to create a new project it says I need to install autogen version 5.  Unfortunately there is no autogen in the TC 5.x repo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Offline bat

Re: Autogen for TC5.x
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 07:02:38 PM »
Trying to do something similar myself... could you get one of the old tcz files for autogen from google and install it using tce-load in the command line as explained at the bottom of this article which I have just found??

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/diy-it-guy/diy-tiny-core-linux-a-great-kiosk-and-emergency-platform/

I'd like to know the answer because I am going to try something similar tomorrow for my question right beneath yours!

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 03:24:18 AM »
I compiled autogen a while ago, but must have forgotten to upload it - autogen now posted to corepure64 repo

Offline Zill

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 08:19:58 AM »
bat: I tried the link you provided.  The commands they have are slightly off, if you have already downloaded it you do not need the -w.  The catch with this method is that it does not check for dependencies, so you may need to go through and repeat this step multiple times.  I have also reached a point where it seems one of the extensions I had to install before this is a newer version than one of the dependencies I need for the old version of autogen and I cannot get both versions installed (although that could just be an issue with my lack of knowledge with linux)

Juanito: is there some delay between when something gets put in the repo and when it shows up in the Apps program on TinyCore, or is there some other place I should be looking other than

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 09:18:43 AM »
I just realised that you're most probably speaking of a 32bit x86 version of autogen - it was the 64bit x86_64 version of autogen that I posted.

The problem for the 32bit version of autogen is that we'd first need to check the the guile extension in the tc-4.x 32bit repo works with tc-5.x in order to able to compile autogen against it.

Offline Zill

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 11:25:03 AM »
I am in fact speaking of 32bit x86, I'm sorry I forgot to clarify.  I'm not entirely sure what I am doing, but if there is anything I can do to help out then please let me know.

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 05:46:58 AM »
32bit version of autogen posted

Offline Zill

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 06:30:15 AM »
Thank you very much Juanito!