WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: ntfs-3g update ?  (Read 1584 times)

Offline cv007

ntfs-3g update ?
« on: August 15, 2014, 12:55:12 PM »
I hope this is the write place to ask this, but I suspect I'm in the wrong place as usual.

I am using microcore (no gui) for a simple purpose, and am using ntfs-3g.tcz to access ntfs partitions. The current version of ntfs-3g.tcz is 2011.04.12, the latest from Tuxera is 2014.2.15.

The problem relates to hibernated or fast start enabled ntfs partitions- the current ntfs-3g.tcz seems to be happy mounting (rw) a hibernated (or a Win8 in 'hibernated' shutdown) which is a problem.

I'm a novice at compiling things, but I managed to download the source from Tuxera, compiled per their instructions on my Linux Mint (32bit) pc (then stripped debugging info to get to smaller size). I extracted/expanded the current ntfs-3g.tcz, then replaced the files from my compiled files to update (then squashed it back to my own tcz file. It is working, and it detects an ntfs partition that is hibernated.

Questions-
I was unable to find the ntfs-3g source code or build scripts anywhere on this site- is the source code or build scripts available for the tcz packages? (so I can see how it was compiled and put together for tinycore?)

Could someone look into creating an official update to ntfs-3g?

Thanks.

Offline bmarkus

• Administrator
    • My Community Forum
Re: ntfs-3g update ?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 02:57:45 PM »
Béla
Ham Radio callsign: HA5DI

"Amateur Radio: The First Technology-Based Social Network."

Offline cv007

Re: ntfs-3g update ?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 03:54:48 PM »
Thanks. I did not see the 'src' directory in my browser (the tcz directory shows text list with no link to the 'src' subdirectory), and I did not think to look in the armv6 directory (although I wouldn't have seen it if I did).

That build script should help me out I think. I'm not sure I am capable of submitting an updated tcz package, though (I could try, but its pretty important something like that is done correctly).

Probably not a lot of people seeing this forum, but if anybody is using ntfs-3g, be advised that if you change files in a hibernated or hybrid shutdown (win8) Windows, you can run into problems.