General TC > General TC Talk

mirrors and download failure

<< < (3/3)

curaga:
You're the first to report this. Combined with all the mirrors failing (they are geographically diverse, and use different software), this would point to something in your connection/ISP.

We do know the great firewalls of China and UAE interfere. You're not in such a country by any chance?

edit: Especially the "connection refused" in your pic looks pretty bad. I use nluug (vim) all the time, and have never gotten such a response.

If issues with your ISP can be ruled out, it is possible your IP block / ISP have been sending spam for example, and ended up on some global blocklist. Though unlikely that all of our mirrors would use the same sources for those lists.

TinyCoreFltk:
no, i'm not in china. (what's the UAE thing?) i'm european. greece to be exact. as far as i know my provider uses only a very basic firewall, blocking unsolited incoming connections, to ports 20-21, and 445. (i have firewall installed only to my ubuntu desktop. the 3 tinys i have, don't have firewalls)..

my provider is OTE.SA greece (the biggest provider in greece). i don't think that they have sent spam crap anywhere (and blocked), but how can i check this, just to be sure? it's unlikely though, because i can connect from time to time. if i (or the provider) was blocked, i wouldn't be able to connect at all...

as far as i have tested, for me, the ftp.vim.org works better than all the others (still having serious disconnection problems though).

Rich:
Hi TinyCoreFltk

--- Quote ---(what's the UAE thing?)
--- End quote ---
United Arab Emirates

tinypoodle:
Running "ping" and "traceroute" on hosts in questions might potentially lead to some more conclusion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version