General TC > General TC Talk

mirrors and download failure

(1/3) > >>

TinyCoreFltk:
this starts to get extremely tiring and irritating. EVERY TIME i try to download and install some app (even the smallest ones), i have to try 3, 4, (once i even tried 10 times) to download and install an app correctly. all the mirrors do the same thing. for the past 2 months this is the standard (at first i thought it was something temporary, but  it has become something usual):...

http://oi47.tinypic.com/34ozz1f.jpg  http://oi46.tinypic.com/r8f38i.jpg

this is a VirtualBox install that i use everyday, but the same thing happens to both my physical TC installations on a laptop and the desktop. i have the most recent core and apps versions and the newest mirror list. my internet works fine and i have checked it several times before i post. i don't want to ditch tinycore, but i will have to, if these wreck servers keep dying constantly...

gerald_clark:
Then find a repo that works for you, and stick with it.

TinyCoreFltk:
i wish i could find one working fine, but the problem is that none of the repos work fine. i have already tested many times all the mirrors included in mirrors.tcz. all of them keep dying at random. even when i tried to download the mirrors.tcz itself (4 KB file) the mirror died 3 times. it took me 2 minutes trying to do dependency check and download a 4KB file (mirrors.tcz). i have also tried installing apps with home and opt disabled (to avoid loading any existing personal settings (if any) that could intefere with the appbrowser / tce-load, causing them to fail), but even then, i had the same problem. i would say that it could be the ancient version of my virtualbox (3.1.8 ), but since this also happens to 2 real installations, it's not virtualbox's fault. until 2months ago, i had no problem at all. the dependency check and download was a little slow, (nothing to worry about), but it never failed.

Rich:
Hi TinyCoreFltk
The connection refused message may be due to there not being any connections available on the server due to
heavy traffic. Did you happen to change your version of Tinycore two months ago? If so, does running the previous
version still behave correctly?

coreplayer2:

--- Quote from: TinyCoreFltk on October 07, 2012, 03:02:23 PM --- ....it took me 2 minutes trying to do dependency check

--- End quote ---

May I also add that it is quite normal for a dependency check to take several minutes, usually many minutes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version