WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Questions on Remastering, and the Not-Working Thereof  (Read 2026 times)

Offline cg

Questions on Remastering, and the Not-Working Thereof
« on: July 25, 2012, 07:19:45 AM »
1) When I use the EZ-Remaster tool, my remastered .iso contains (and looks for) files that are no longer on my disk - for example, I had, at one point, installed Firefox and Dillo.  They have since been deleted, and a "find / -name firefox*" or "find / -name dillo*" pulls up nada.  Why, then, do my remastered CDs try to find files such as "firefox.desktop"?

2) Still with the EZ-Remaster: Files that are on the disk are not being included in the remaster.  For example: I've installed the bash.tcz extension, along with all of its dependencies.  I know for a fact that it works, because I have several scripts running at any given time that rely on it, and they're all behaving properly.  However, when I boot off my remastered .iso, I get errors like "libtinfo.so.5 couldn't be found" and "libncurses.so.5 couldn't be found".  I've even gone so far as to add any and all ncurses-related files from the repository during the remaster, all to no avail. What am I doing wrong?

2.5) It also can't find things I've installed like OpenSSH, which are kind of vital for what I'm doing.  Is this related to the above question?

3) I tried to download "ISO Master" from the repository onto my 4.4 install, and got the icon on the bar, but when I click it nothing happens.  I'm pretty sure the .tcz was last updated for 3.x - is there an update in the works, or am I SOL?

Thanks in advance!

Offline Rich

• Administrator
Re: Questions on Remastering, and the Not-Working Thereof
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 08:36:29 AM »
Hi cg
I have  isomaster.tcz  installed on my TC4.1 machine and it does start. Open a terminal and enter  isomaster
and see if it returns any errors. You should start a separate thread for this particular issue.

Offline cg

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 09:19:45 AM »
Roger that!

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 10:55:37 AM »
Please post your ezremaster.cfg and ezremaster.log files.   Also, what version of Tinycore are you remastering?

Offline cg

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 10:58:42 AM »
Please post your ezremaster.cfg and ezremaster.log files.   Also, what version of Tinycore are you remastering?

No such files exist, and 4.4.

Offline ixbrian

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2012, 04:24:14 PM »

No such files exist, and 4.4.

The files are not in the remastered system, rather they are created when you make the remaster and by default are under /tmp/ezremaster.