Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

Microcore SCSI

(1/2) > >>

nickjf20:

The ISO linked below was built by following the instructions on the wiki -- extracting the microcore.gz to a directory, extracting the scsi...tcz to a directory then copying over the contents of the SCSI package into the correct directory of the extracted microcore.gz (/usr/local/lib/modules/kernel/SCSI....) Said microcore.gz was then repacked, and has been placed inside the ISO you will see on my hosting.

On boot from cd, the remaster sees the SCSI drives, and can read/write fine. After copying over all the required files, installing grub and force unmounting the disc, upon reboot, the remaster boots as normal until microcore tries to load the extensions -- it seemingly fails and the system acts as normal, without extensions and / or read/write capability to the drive -- the drive doesn't register.

You can find the ISO I've cooked up over at .phant0m.net/ISO]http://[remaster].phant0m.net/ISO selecting the build including SCSI in the title.

Thanks,

Nick

curaga:
Since you added modules, did you remember to run depmod?

If you didn't, and the cd contains a module extension somewhere, that would explain this.

nickjf20:
I've run depmod as per the wiki instructions for 2.x even though I'm running 3.6

--- Code: ---sudo depmod -b /tmp/extract 2.6.33.3-tinycore
--- End code ---

--- Code: ---sudo ldconfig -r /tmp/extract
--- End code ---

Same results.

I'm also going to start making a kernel with Multicast enabled so I can use the app 'MiniUpNp' -- hopefully I won't get too confused 'making' my first kernel !

curaga:
That should be depmod -a -b ....

nickjf20:
Thanks for updating the wiki.

I'll re-run it all and fingers crossed it'll work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version