Tiny Core Base > TCB Q&A Forum

Microcore SCSI

<< < (2/2)

nickjf20:
Initially still didn't work -- solution was to specify the tce boot code ( in my case tce=sda1 )

If anyone (newbs) wishes to have an SCSI microcore, I can upload one.

curaga:
Some SCSI controllers take very long to init. They would probably need to use the waitusb code.

ted_smith:
Hi

I found this thread having booted my workstation using the latest v4.0 TC and realising that because a) the workstations usual boot disk is a SCSI disk and b) it's accompanying 500Gb RAID0 is also a SCSI RAID, TC couldn't detect any of the disks because as far as I can tell, SCSI is excluded (understanably, given the aims of TC).

I found that there is a SCSI extension and a RAID extension. I added both to my setup but I cannot work out how to get it to 'probe' the SCSI hardware so that disks are then detected by the disk mounting facility? lsscsi seems not to be a valid command in TC.

I then went on to see if it would detect an externally connected Firewire disk. It seems the same issue is here. I downloaded the Firewire extension but again, I can't work out how to get it to refresh the connection so it detects the attached disk?

Ted

Juanito:
Up until a few days ago, I was using microcore on an old desktop with scsi hd.

In order to boot from the scsi hd, I had to recompile the kernel with the driver for my scsi adapter compiled in rather than compiled as a module - I suspect you will need to do the same.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version