WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: TC Terminal Server  (Read 1067 times)

Offline gharig

TC Terminal Server
« on: December 04, 2022, 12:11:40 PM »
Hi All,

I'm playing with TC Corepure64 and want to find the best way to netboot/pxe devices.
I was reading the Wiki and it mentioned using Terminal Server.  Every time I would click on the Terminal Server button from the Control Panel, I would get a screen telling me that this system was about to be come the mothership of all my devices, asking me to enter my Boot Device.  After entering the boot device /dev/sda1, the screen would go away. No error, poof just gone. So then I did a search for the word "mothership" and I see that it is a ash script.  I noticed that the name of the file it was failing on was "core" and "vmlinuz'.  I changed them to "corepure64" and "vmlinuz64" and now the script seems to be running.  Not sure if it ever finishes, it sits there with a message "Please leave this terminal open".

Anyway thanks for a great product.  I'm off to see if I can netboot.
Thanks
gharig

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: TC Terminal Server
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 11:43:46 PM »
The script was indeed written for the 32-bit version, and never tested on CorePure64. When it got to that point, the servers are running and you should be able to boot clients (closing the terminal would affect them IIRC).
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.