WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Add boot-code "base" to ISO-build  (Read 3837 times)

Offline sm8ps

Add boot-code "base" to ISO-build
« on: December 24, 2016, 04:02:31 PM »
As explained in the thread "dCore-xenial missing libraries", I think the ISO-build should not seek for an existing tce-directory. So I suggest using the boot-code "base" instead of the current "cde". (I hope that I have correctly understood Misalf's explanations.) What do others say?

Offline sm8ps

Re: Add boot-code "base" to ISO-build
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 06:57:36 AM »
Upon further reflection I have realized that with this boot-code one would not be able to easily side-load extensions. Better than miraculously loading extensions from a different installation, though. Still, does anybody have a better idea?

Offline Misalf

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 07:10:07 AM »
I thought you were talking about booting via USB stick?
The thing is that Linux doesn't know where it booted off of. So there has to be some kind of searching for the tce dir or it needs to be explicitly specified if more than one exist on available devices.
Download a copy and keep it handy: Core book ;)

Offline Jason W

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2016, 08:44:08 PM »
Both of you are correct I think.  Core does not include the cde nor base bootcode in it's plain ISOs, and I have removed the cde bootcode from the plain dCore ISOs, cde only belongs with dCorePlus.  So now regular dCore ISOs should behave the same as Core ISOs.  Thanks for the find.  Uploading new images now.

Offline sm8ps

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2016, 04:12:54 AM »
Thanks, Jason ans Misalf! I updated the wiki page about the installation from ISO with notes on how to side-load wireless extensions.