WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Spam link added in wiki  (Read 1944 times)

Offline Guy

Spam link added in wiki
« on: February 06, 2011, 12:54:17 PM »
http://wiki.tinycorelinux.com/Firewall

I have not removed it, as there may be others. I noticed some have been removed already. A through check should be done to see if more remain.

Links have been added to the same site in the past. The person doing it is persistent.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:56:11 PM by Guy »
Many people see what is. Some people see what can be, and make a difference.

Offline Michael Wells

Re: Spam link added in wiki
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 12:27:04 AM »
If you find spam links on the wiki pages, I suggest you remove them instead of just telling the world about it.  I have removed a number of the spam links already and I will continue to do so as I find them. 

You also said that all the pages should have been checked.  The spammer is putting different links with different titles to different web sites on different pages ... this does not lend itself to checking them since each page has to be checked individually ... with some 80+ wiki pages in english ... that would take some time ... and I have been doing it as time permits ... but by all means if you think it should be done ... go ahead and check all the pages ... :-)

PS I have removed the spam link on the firewall tiki-wiki page now.

Offline Guy

Re: Spam link added in wiki
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 06:02:57 AM »
Thanks for removing the spam links.

There is an easier way. If you go to the wiki, and click on Last Changes, then the appropriate length of time. The spam links were probably added around the same time, and probably by the same user. So it is easy to find them using the last changes. There is a possibility that the spammer may log in under different names, and even add links at different times.

I posted this on the forum, as I did not have time to check them all.

Also to make others aware, so they may watch out for spam.

This person has done this before. There is a possibility it may happen again.
Many people see what is. Some people see what can be, and make a difference.