WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: installing apps permanently without using app browser ?  (Read 2255 times)

Offline lunatikz

installing apps permanently without using app browser ?
« on: December 03, 2010, 12:08:53 PM »
Hello,

Is it possible to store applications permanently, which has not been installed via app browser ?
the src code of them exists permanently, but the files related to pkg_config and /usr/lib i'm losing after reboot.
I need those applications built from source, because they don't exist in the repositories.
tinycore installation is in a filesystem of an other linux distro

greets
lunatikz
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:21:13 PM by lunatikz »

Offline MikeLockmoore

• Good software needn't be big!
Re: installing apps permanently without using app browser ?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 01:35:45 PM »
@lunatikz: If this is a one-time thing for some apps you compiled, you can add the full path and name for each of the individual files inside your /opt/.filetool.lst file. Well, not quite the fully qualified path... omit the initial /, like you will see for the other files listed there.  Then your normal backup/restore will include these files.  This is needed for anything you want to save and restore under /usr, /etc, /bin, /sbin, etc.

There are also scripts that can help you make a custom .tcz extension file.  The TinyCore wiki has some notes on that.  In the Programming Sub-forum, there are example custom applications that have such scripts.  Give me a minute and I'll attach a sample from one of my projects... OK, done.  If you make any of these apps into extensions, maybe you would submit them to the repository? At least if you think there are any other users for them.  ;)  Note that this script includes some assumptions, such as the icon file is the same as the program plus ".png".  You may need to adjust the script for the apps you want.
--
Mike Lockmoore
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 01:48:31 PM by MikeLockmoore »

Offline lunatikz

Re: installing apps permanently without using app browser ?
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 03:06:23 PM »
hi, thank you for your answer..
It works pretty good. if i will success in my project to run spice client under tinycore on a thinclient, i will make some useful extensions.. but at first i have to configure tinycore properly, sounds not working and that stuff.. and this is real no fun :)

lunatikz