WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Can't get cups-pdf to work  (Read 2046 times)

Offline slink_1

Can't get cups-pdf to work
« on: September 23, 2010, 11:53:09 AM »
I am using TC 3.1 and I can't get cups-pdf to work.  I started with bootcode "tinycore base".  Once I was up and running I used "Download + Load" in the Appbrowser to get cups.tcz, cups1311.tcz, and cups-pdf.tcz.  I started cups and used the web interface (after setting a root password) to add the pdf printer.  Based on everything I can see on the cups page the printer appears to be installed correctly.  However, no matter whether I try to print as either tc or as root the print job just stops and nothing ever gets printed.  I can not even print a test page.  Everything just piles up in the que.  What am I missing to make this work?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Can't get cups-pdf to work
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 02:28:03 PM »
I started with bootcode "tinycore base".  Once I was up and running I used "Download + Load" in the Appbrowser to get cups.tcz, cups1311.tcz, and cups-pdf.tcz

You need either cups or cups1311, but not both - I suspect cups-pdf was made for cups1311

Offline slink_1

Re: Can't get cups-pdf to work
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 04:28:38 PM »
You need either cups or cups1311, but not both - I suspect cups-pdf was made for cups1311

That did the trick.  Installing only cups-pdf and cups1311 lets me print just fine.  Thanks!