WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: K3B 2.0 Available  (Read 3447 times)

Offline meo

K3B 2.0 Available
« on: June 28, 2010, 07:24:08 PM »
Hello again!

Well while I'm still fiddling along with my laptop I might just mention that K3B has come with 2.0 the latest stable release. I would be swell if someone could make it available for TinyCore. It might be difficult though as it heavily depends on the KDE 4 platform. But anyway it would be nice to have access to it in TinyCore.

Have fun fiddling around with TinyCore,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline Arslan S.

Re: K3B 2.0 Available
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 01:28:06 AM »
i have kde4 runtime+libs on my todo list to allow creation of kde applications maybe even desktop who knows

but there is a problem --fno-rtti flag causes trouble compiling kde applications, we need to recompile some extensions already available in repo with --f-rtti

Online Juanito

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 02:26:35 AM »
we need to recompile some extensions already available in repo with --f-rtti

which ones?

Offline Arslan S.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 03:23:45 AM »
it was a few months ago when i tried to compile kderuntime and libs as i remember i had to recompile strigi, soprano, ilmbase, openexr, acl, attr

Offline meo

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 10:53:02 AM »
Hi there!

Sounds nice the thought of getting the KDE desktop for tinycore. It would most likely appeal to the 'windoozers' out there to try linux and in partikular TinyCore. So just go for it Arslan!!! When it comes to me I would be more than happy just to get K3B 2.0 working on TinyCore.

Have fun extending the limits of TinyCore,
meo
"All that is very well," answered Candide, "but let us cultivate our garden." - Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire

Offline robc

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 11:48:13 AM »
I started to build KDE4 for 2.x a while back which is why I built strigi, soprano, automoc4, etc. But I stopped due to the lack of time I had available to support it. If anyone wants to rebuild and/or take ownership of those extensions feel free to, I have a pretty long list of other extensions that I would like to bring to TC still.

fyi, the soprano in the repo probably isn't very useful, it requires other packages currently not available in the repo to make it more useful which is one of the next things on my list to do
"Never give up! Never surrender!" - Commander Peter Quincy Taggart

"Make it so." - Captain Picard

Offline meo

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 05:51:04 AM »
Hi all!

It would be nice to have K3B working for TC 3.0 since I've experienced problems with Brasero. Some of the disks I've burned with Brasero have been unreadable. That I've never experienced with K3B so it would be nice to have it among the working extensions for TC 3.0. If someone would take on this task I would appreciate it very much.

Have fun working with TC,
meo

Offline Arslan S.

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 06:28:38 AM »
I have finished dependencies of KDE4, I am about to submit kdelibs, kdebase-runtime and other mandatory kde packages. My aim is kde4 desktop so other applications are not my first priority. If anyone is willing please contribute.

Offline jls

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 07:46:38 AM »
Hi all!

It would be nice to have K3B working for TC 3.0 since I've experienced problems with Brasero. Some of the disks I've burned with Brasero have been unreadable. That I've never experienced with K3B so it would be nice to have it among the working extensions for TC 3.0. If someone would take on this task I would appreciate it very much.

Have fun working with TC,
meo

k3b works on tc3
dCore user

Offline meo

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 02:43:04 PM »
Hi jls!

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me using TC RC1. I get the same error message as I described to Jason in the K3B thread in the new extensions part of the forum. But anyway. wouldn't it be time to get it updated. The one in the repo is version 1.0.4 and now the 2.0 has been released? I have version 1.91 in kubuntu that I also has installed on my laptop (I have a 32-boot system) and in Windows I have another cd-burner app. So if anyone is inclined it would be nice if K3B gets an update.

Have fun keeping TC at the edge,
meo

EDIT The K3B thread is in the extension bugs part of the forum
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 02:48:05 PM by meo »

Offline Jason W

• Retired Admins
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 12:43:24 PM »
k3b 2.0 now available.

I believe this overwrote the old k3b.tcz, and that is fine as I basically declared it non maintained at least not by me.   I will also remove the kdelibs-3.x and qt-3.x stuff as nothing else uses them afaik. 

Offline tinypoodle

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 01:09:13 PM »
lmms?
"Software gets slower faster than hardware gets faster." Niklaus Wirth - A Plea for Lean Software (1995)

Offline Arslan S.

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 01:24:08 PM »
you can keep old k3b with a version suffix because k3b 2.0 depends on kde4 runtime dep list is a bit long compared to kde3 k3b

there are extensions dependent on qt3, i don't know your decision to remove kde3 libs and old k3b but qt3 is still a must have in repo

Offline Jason W

• Retired Admins
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 05:03:31 PM »
Arslan-

I hadn't looked to see if there were other qt3 apps, I assumed there wasn't, but qt3 and even old kdelibs can stay. 

I will bring back old k3b if there is a demand.