WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: gizmo5  (Read 2614 times)

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
gizmo5
« on: October 29, 2009, 02:37:59 PM »
Anybody able to gizmo5  working?  I get a Bus error.  Gizmo works with google voice.  

http://gizmo5.com/pc/download/linux/
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 03:40:18 PM by jpeters »

Offline tclfan

Re: gizmo5
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 01:24:15 PM »
Not that I have a solution but I am just curious how you plan to use Gizmo here:
1. As client to receive calls to GV #.
2. As client to call out from your GV #.
3. As client to call out from Gizmo.
3. Just as a dumb termination for your GV #.

In my case I attached an ATA for Gizmo/GV with a phone connected, so I can call out and receive calls on the phone, rather than on PC, but if you need chat, then you do need a PC...

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 01:44:01 PM »
Not that I have a solution but I am just curious how you plan to use Gizmo here:
1. As client to receive calls to GV #.
2. As client to call out from your GV #.
3. As client to call out from Gizmo.
3. Just as a dumb termination for your GV #.

In my case I attached an ATA for Gizmo/GV with a phone connected, so I can call out and receive calls on the phone, rather than on PC, but if you need chat, then you do need a PC...

I was interested in calling out from the computer without forwarding to the phone, a freebee skype. 

Offline tclfan

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 02:35:36 PM »
Yes. Free and open telephone service using GV and Gizmo. This is what I am doing now. Gizmo client on the computer or ATA adapter connected to router configured as Gizmo with a phone attached, if you prefer a solid phone device instead of computer... In either case it is free in and out. This enables to throw out the traditional phone service...