WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: fltk2  (Read 2368 times)

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
fltk2
« on: November 24, 2009, 04:22:36 AM »
What's with fltk2?  Before it will install, it seems to want to re-reinstall all of its deps, even if they're already updated.

edit: actually, I think the problem might be with compiletc (the first dep), where it goes down the list of deps with repeated attempts to install (appsbrowser shows an install error....from terminal you can see better whats getting downloaded, and whats next on the list for the next attempt. Eventually it installs.  

compiletc has the same deps as fltk2 (minus Xlibs_support), so why include both?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 05:16:10 AM by jpeters »

Offline Jason W

• Retired Admins
Re: fltk2
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 03:43:15 PM »
Since compiletc is a metaextension, it should no be listed in any dep file.  I will remove it and see if that fixes it.

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 04:46:44 PM »
Since compiletc is a metaextension, it should no be listed in any dep file.  I will remove it and see if that fixes it.

I think the problem also exists with compiletc by itself.  I tried a mount install with appsbrowser, and it failed after trying to install binutils (which is already installed and updated); same problem from aterm.     

Offline Jason W

• Retired Admins
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 04:57:14 PM »
Ok, I will check into it tonight.

Offline Jason W

• Retired Admins
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 09:13:43 PM »
I did a "base norestore" boot, installed all of compiletc's dependencies first, and then used the appbrowser to install compiletc itself and it made no attempt to redownload or reinstall any of it's dependencies.

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 01:19:11 AM »
I did a "base norestore" boot, installed all of compiletc's dependencies first, and then used the appbrowser to install compiletc itself and it made no attempt to redownload or reinstall any of it's dependencies.

Seems to be working now for me as well.  I loaded a group with just the deps, and compiletc installed without issue, and it's working with the complete tce_dir as well.  Previously, it was going down the list getting "Request Range Not Satisfiable" errors after deleting the extension. Trying again, it would install the deleted extension, and repeat the error/delete for the next dep...right down the list
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 01:22:45 AM by jpeters »