WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: apps audit defaults to tmp/tce - doesn't "see" tce's in /usr/local/tce.installed  (Read 2037 times)

Offline bigpcman

tc2.3
I'm simply booting from an iso cd and installing tce's from the app brower into the default /usr/local/tce.installed. No tce dir boot code.

Appears the "menu tool" apps audit doesn't see any installed tce's since it is looking in tmp/tce. Can't change the dir to anything else.

edit: The tcz's work fine since they are placed in tmp/tce.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 09:37:25 PM by bigpcman »
big pc man

Offline roberts

• Retired Admins
  • Founder Emeritus
Apps audit is only for PPR (see v2.3 announcement), in which case you would have an actual personal peristent repository, i.e., tce directory specified as a boot option.

A PPI does not have or even require such repository. A PPI is a hybrid scatter mode installation, where tces or, starting with v2.3, tczs are untarred over a mounted hard drive parition. No such collection of tce abnd or tczs need to be saved. In fact, as you noted, in a PPI, the default tce directory is /tmp/tce and are removed after installation.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.

Offline bigpcman

Apps audit is only for PPR (see v2.3 announcement), in which case you would have an actual personal peristent repository, i.e., tce directory specified as a boot option.

A PPI does not have or even require such repository. A PPI is a hybrid scatter mode installation, where tces or, starting with v2.3, tczs are untarred over a mounted hard drive parition. No such collection of tce abnd or tczs need to be saved. In fact, as you noted, in a PPI, the default tce directory is /tmp/tce and are removed after installation.
Thanks for the feedback. The apps audit works fine on tcz's that are loaded in the default (no tce boot code) tmp/tce directory. I don't know what mode you would call this ... perhaps temporary ppr for tcz's only.
big pc man

Offline roberts

• Retired Admins
  • Founder Emeritus
By definition if tce dir in on /tmp then its cloud.
Without knowing your system could be a PPI + Cloud.
Maybe I offer to many choices.
10+ Years Contributing to Linux Open Source Projects.