WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: vim_7.1.244.tce  (Read 2611 times)

Offline lucky13

• my mostly linux-related blog
vim_7.1.244.tce
« on: August 25, 2009, 01:42:54 PM »
This extension purports to require GTK1 despite the fact gvim isn't even among the files, so it doesn't *actually* depend on or need GTK1. Either gvim should be added to the extension or the GTK1 dependency should be changed.

Also to a more nitpicky point, why was this extension not recompiled so that the files are all in the same directory tree (/usr/local) instead of the vim binary in /usr/local/bin and everything else in /opt?

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
Re: vim_7.1.244.tce
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 11:15:30 PM »
This extension purports to require GTK1 despite the fact gvim isn't even among the files, so it doesn't *actually* depend on or need GTK1. Either gvim should be added to the extension or the GTK1 dependency should be changed.

Also to a more nitpicky point, why was this extension not recompiled so that the files are all in the same directory tree (/usr/local) instead of the vim binary in /usr/local/bin and everything else in /opt?

Hi Lucky13,

I think I simply converted a copy which I previously compiled for dsl with all the bug fixes.
(I think someone else added the dep file).  You inspired me, however, to just build an AAP extension, which should make future updates easier. I'm not using gvim, but maybe someone else might like a vim extension with that included. 

Offline lucky13

• my mostly linux-related blog
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 09:00:42 AM »
Hi Lucky13,

I think I simply converted a copy which I previously compiled for dsl with all the bug fixes.
(I think someone else added the dep file).  You inspired me, however, to just build an AAP extension, which should make future updates easier. I'm not using gvim, but maybe someone else might like a vim extension with that included. 

I figured that had to be from your UCI. I didn't care if gvim was in the package, I just didn't want to have to install GTK to use something. I still had a 6MB vim-blahblahblah folder in my /opt even after deleting the package and rebooting. No problemo, I compiled emacs yesterday. I just thought this package needed to be fixed either way (vimdiff, etc.?). Not sure it matters if you use AAP unless you already use python a lot. I just used svn for that, then update and rebuild via cron weekly.

Offline jpeters

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 12:36:19 PM »
I just compiled vim_7.2.245, and will submit it later after testing (have to work today ).
I'll keep out gvim, since it runs faster without it (and no deps). Thanks for the heads up.

edit.  I also removed the manuals, etc, which saves a few megs. 

« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 12:38:37 PM by jpeters »