WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Making remaster .iso image goes wrong doing by instructions.  (Read 139 times)

Offline TeMaToS

Making remaster .iso image goes wrong doing by instructions.
« on: October 11, 2024, 06:46:12 PM »
Greetings

I tried to make remaster of TCL image only to make multiple custom options with specific bootcodes to make persistent home, opt, tce and blacklist pcspkr:)
I did everything as in instructions in TCL doc(i moved both folders: boot and cde), but some things goes different then expected:
1) when i tried to move files from mounted image, i got message that i don't have permissions for that, so i just used sudo in each case where permissions were not enough;
2) when i installed default TinyCore.iso with default disk manager in Ubuntu, allocated memory was the same as size of TCL. But, when i installed my .iso, all 16GB were allocated for TCL ROM;
3) And my remaster was not detected as legacy partition and even with UEFI it shows that wrong boot. Legacy i need, because on my netbook i am able to boot only from legacy;

Maybe for regular releases you packed image with different options?
And why i got permissions notification, when i was exec each cmd as in instructions in doc?

== II question

I saw that some extencions were not updated in newest versions of TCL, like unison for example. I successfully did .tcz extencion for ADOM game and my installer with desktop icon, so I would like to contribute and make .tcz of some regular .tcz and propose it to official repo.
Could you please ping me link to this info if it exist somewhere(i didn't found) or tell me about how to propose extencions?
And if i will have some free time, how i would be able to contribute in development?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2024, 06:53:04 PM by TeMaToS »

Offline TeMaToS

Re: Making remaster .iso image goes wrong doing by instructions.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2024, 01:28:54 AM »
With xorriso tool i get metadata from original and my .iso images and found that the difference is in boot records:

original:
Boot record  : El Torito , MBR isohybrid cyl-align-on
my:
Boot record  : El Torito

so looks like packaging process differs in TCL doc and how newest version .iso was made.

i hope it will help someone and will give feedback after trying to setup it properly.

Offline gadget42

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2024, 02:38:53 AM »
 Guidelines for extension submission

https://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,330.0.html

or more generally perhaps something from here

https://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/board,14.0.html

20241012-0209am-cdt-usa-modified: added content
« Last Edit: October 12, 2024, 03:09:02 AM by gadget42 »
The fluctuation theorem has long been known for a sudden switch of the Hamiltonian of a classical system Z54 . For a quantum system with a Hamiltonian changing from... https://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,25972.msg166580.html#msg166580

Online patrikg

• Wiki Author
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2024, 03:18:12 AM »
« Last Edit: October 12, 2024, 03:33:58 AM by patrikg »

Offline TeMaToS

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2024, 03:29:00 AM »
Thx you guys for fast help, I find the solution.

image after creation just needed to be processed with isohybrid:
isohybrid yourimgname.iso

source of solution:
https://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,22930.0.html

in script for Alpine it is also used.
i read that hybridiso making iso usable from USB, so i think it is better to add this info in TCL docs in section of creating remaster iso image, because nowadays not so much people are using and even having CD-ROMs.