dCore Import Debian Packages to Mountable SCE extensions > dCore X86

HELP - Installation Information

<< < (2/8) > >>

NewUser:
A friend had a Toshiba she wanted to give to her daughter, without buying Windows. I tried Mint, which wouldn't fix the wifi problem. A later version of Mint did. My problem solved.

NarakuITA:
Thanks for the replies.
So let's get started. TC-Install installer I find through the APPS program. By chance, I happened to see a video on YouTube that explained this.
Regarding the Wi-Fi card, there is no need to buy anything else. Although this card may be difficult to install, I want to specify whether it was installed automatically under the Q4OS operating system. However the operating system is too heavy.
I tried Slitaz and after several attempts, with the help of an expert, I managed to make this wi-fi card work by installing the "b43-firmware.tazpkg" package, first removing the one present in the system "b43-fwcutter" which was not compatible.
The problem is that even though this system was very light, it gave me other problems, like Q4OS, such as the problem of reading floppy disks, and the difficulty of playing DVD movies, which freeze or block, as if the PC wasn't able to play the video because it wasn't powerful enough, a problem I don't have with Windows 2000. In fact, it is capable of playing films with InterVideo WinDVD, without problems.
Among the real tips I came here to try to bypass many problems with this lightweight Linux distribution.

My PC consists of an Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection card
You know the Wi-Fi card.
Audio device: Yamaha AC-XG Audio device.
Infrared: SMC IrCC - Fast infrared Port.
CPU 750mhz
you can see everything else from the manufacturer:
https://support.dynabook.com/support/modelHome?freeText=1073792275
The page provided by gadget42 is also useful : https://www.roe.ac.uk/~hme/tosh4600/index.html
Having said all this, do you think I can proceed with the installation?
I forgot, is it possible to install the Italian language?

NarakuITA:
I forgot, I downloaded the 21 MB TinyCore version, is it possible to change the keyboard layout as well as the language?
Of the three versions available, which one do you recommend I download?

Rich:
Hi NarakuITA
I would recommend using the CorePlus version. It includes
tc-install-GUI as well as most of the wireless firmware and
driver extensions.

When the boot menu comes up, hit enter to use the default.

NarakuITA:

--- Quote from: Rich on August 17, 2024, 09:36:32 AM ---Hi NarakuITA
I would recommend using the CorePlus version. It includes
tc-install-GUI as well as most of the wireless firmware and
driver extensions.

When the boot menu comes up, hit enter to use the default.

--- End quote ---
OK perfect. Now a question When starting the CD there are many options, which one should I choose?
I want to format everything and only install Tiny.
Should I choose the first option?
Boot Core with X/GUI (TinyCore) + Install Extension
or
Boot Core with X/GUI (TinyCore) + Wifi Extension
Boot Core with X/GUI (TinyCore) + Wifi + Firmware?
or another option?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version