tce-load -wi Xorg-7.7

And..Same error..
startxfce4: Starting X Server
startxfce4: exec: line 118: xinit: not found

where is xinit..?

I had attached two images..

Maybe LXDE could be another option..?

Juanito:
Xinit is an xorg app - I don’t believe it is present in tc-15.x and I’m not sure how the xfce4 extensions maintainer intended xfce4 to be started.

ALF:
Thanks Juanito, so then ..is not possible..?

GNUser:
Why not use a simple window manager such as openbox or fluxbox (which are well maintained on TCL and thoroughly tested) and then figure out how to run thunar (and whatever other applications you like from XFCE) on TCL? It's a smaller problem to solve.

When I switched all my home's computers to TCL a few years ago, I ran into a similar issue: My family was used to MATE desktop environment, but MATE's window manager is not available on TCL. No problem: I switched to a simpler window manager (fluxbox in my case) and then figured out how to run the familiar MATE applications (including caja file manager) on TCL. My family members barely noticed the difference. Window manager is like basic plumbing, hidden (in plain sight!) from casual user.

ALF:
Hello GNUser, you're absolutely right!! In fact, I use TC with OpenBox and Rox-Filer ( view attached image ) to have icons on the desktop... it works very well!!

Regarding XFCE, it's more of an academic topic... if it's in the repository, I hoped it would work... XFCE is very well-known and could be very comfortable for other people... I'm thinking of installing TC on some XFCE installations if possible... the support team is more familiar with an XFCE desktop... in summary, it's an academic and comfort matter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version