WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Tiny Core 15.0 Bug character encoding on the command line  (Read 305 times)

Offline ekwator

Tiny Core 15.0 Bug character encoding on the command line
« on: April 17, 2024, 04:04:18 PM »
In the console in any mode (CLI, GUI Xvesa, GUI Xorg) when switching the keyboard layout to the national language, question marks are printed.moreove (???????)r, after pressing the Enter key the system prints the text in the correct encoding with the message “not found”.

P.S. The version of Tiny Core 4.7.7, that I installed for comparison, does not have such a bug.
P.P.S. encoding UTF-8
Code: [Select]
kbdinfo < /dev/tty1 gkbmode
unicode
P.P.P.S setfont.tcz completely contrary to the Tiny Core philosophy, it should be like getlocale.tcz which can be removed after use.
Run Forest Run

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: Tiny Core 15.0 Bug character encoding on the command line
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 11:15:38 PM »
The Linux console and aterm do not support utf8. You will need to use a suitable x terminal.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline ekwator

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 01:11:26 AM »
The Linux console and aterm do not support utf8. You will need to use a suitable x terminal.
I serfing through all the content on this forum and not only this. I know theme this.
In CLI terminal (text mode) the same problem.
Over the course of two weeks, I many damaged what I thought wasn't working  :) by typing and erasing text on the command line until one day I run Mighnight Commander.  :D
P.S. I use gnome-terminal in the GUI interface.
Run Forest Run

Offline ekwator

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 08:08:19 AM »
Processing of keypress events occurs at the kernel level, which transmits the scancode to the terminal device. We need a module for the kernel that corrects key scancodes for utf8, I don’t know which one, if anyone knows, please tell me.
P.S. Wrong scan code from keyboard to tty (pts), output from tty (pts) to tty (pts), everything is fine.
Run Forest Run

Offline ekwator

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2024, 05:45:52 AM »
I understand where the dog rummaged.  ;D
I'm installation Bash and not use him as shell owner.Commands Bash use readline for response utf8 over locale. Shell Sh this function not use. For temporary use bash  for terminal necessaey
enter command:
Code: [Select]
bash -c "exec /bin/bash"It's bad that yhere is not enough humor and it's good that there is luck.
Run Forest Run