WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: CITRIX ICA Client?  (Read 5207 times)

Offline amorphous

CITRIX ICA Client?
« on: August 14, 2009, 02:39:58 PM »
I am curious if anyone has created an extension that can be used (or is) the citrix ICA client?

I see openmotif is required for ica client. How would someone go about installing this being that it isn't a default TCE app?

I suspect you will answer install from source. If that is the case then what extensions are required to partake in that adventure?

Offline curaga

• Administrator
Re: CITRIX ICA Client?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 02:38:03 PM »
The compiletc extension will install a full compiling environment. Xorg-7.4-dev is additionally needed for graphical stuff like the openmotif toolkit.
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline gutmensch

• Retired Admins
  • I can make it disappear, have no fear!
    • remembrance blog
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 06:05:51 PM »
I just gave it a shot and you will additionally to this at least freetype, xproto-print, libXp headers/libs for openmotif too.

[edit] seems to be a problem though, still investigating ;) [/edit]

Best regards,
Robert
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:20:42 PM by gutmensch »
If I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I said. (Alan Greenspan)

Offline mrrobbi

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 01:59:29 PM »
Plus, the requirements OpenMotif gives you in their iinstructions for compiling from source are, mildly speaking, prohibitive unless one is really really into hacking the TC configuration. The list of variables to check alone is fairly long.
It would be soooo useful to have this, but I think this is just beyond my capabilities (tried a dozen times or so, after which my TC installation started to behave strange - it's probably broken now) >:(

Offline curaga

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 04:13:29 PM »
Why not use the lesstif extension? It's supposed to be source-compatible with motif..
The only barriers that can stop you are the ones you create yourself.

Offline gutmensch

• Retired Admins
  • I can make it disappear, have no fear!
    • remembrance blog
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 02:08:47 PM »
@curaga: thanks for that nice hint, will try it out!
If I seem unduly clear to you, you must have misunderstood what I said. (Alan Greenspan)

Offline receptus

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 12:04:21 PM »
Why not use the lesstif extension? It's supposed to be source-compatible with motif..
Because, sadly, it doesn't work.
Citrix clients are known to only work with OpenMotif. You can make it run, sort of, with lesstif, but you'll get a lot of garbled application windows - mainly just grey blobs.

Offline si_hussain1

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 06:19:21 AM »
Hi,
   I faced the same problem too. Perhaps you can try an older version of citrix client which i did and it worked. Had to do some tweaks ,but the end result was fine.

Offline tclfan

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 09:32:01 AM »
Hi,
   I faced the same problem too. Perhaps you can try an older version of citrix client which i did and it worked. Had to do some tweaks ,but the end result was fine.
Could you please elaborate in details how to accomplish this? Is this something that can be packaged as tce/tcz?

Offline si_hussain1

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 06:21:54 AM »
Sorry for a later reply.
Here is what i did . I unzip the ICA client. first dependency it requires is libXp.so.6 which can be obtained from libxp6.tcel extension. and then i launched wfcmgr. and it worked straight away without much of a problem. what problem are you facing ?