WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Tinycorepure64 hangs right after "Setting Language to C Done."  (Read 773 times)

Offline g0c001

Tinycorepure64 hangs right after "Setting Language to C Done."
« on: January 11, 2024, 12:44:30 PM »
Hi All,
I have just created my bootable usb with TinyCorepure64 and booting into my laptop.
But it doesn't move forward after "Setting Language to C Done."
The cursor just blinks after that and stays that way.

I tried to press Ctrl + q to break into any comand prompt, but no luck.

I have an Hp laptop (used to be a Win7), Intel Core i3, around 2 Gb Ram. Not sure of the video card.

Please give me any assistance which you can.

Regards
GoCool

Offline CentralWare

• Administrator
Re: Tinycorepure64 hangs right after "Setting Language to C Done."
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2024, 12:03:44 AM »
@g0c001: Welcome to TinyCore!

Without knowing the model number I cannot pull specs on the machine, but can advise a plan of attack to narrow things down.

If you're still running Windows on the hard drive and WISH to continue doing so, write down everything you change in case you need to reverse the process.
You must also understand that by making changes to BIOS COULD make it impossible to revert back, but due to the age of the machine, that's not as likely.

BEFORE doing the following, check this page on HP's website for further details.
  • While the machine is first starting up, repeatedly press [F10] to go into BIOS (settings)
        Depending on the configuration, you may need to use [FN]+[F10] if that didn't work.
  • You'll need to look around BIOS for SECURE BOOT ("EFI" or "UEFI") and DISABLE it
  • Now try to boot using the TinyCore USB device you created.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair