WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: How to run mysqld on CorePlus?  (Read 483 times)

Offline Yarpi

How to run mysqld on CorePlus?
« on: January 01, 2024, 11:43:15 AM »
Hello,

it's almost one week I'm trying to figure out how to run mysqld on my CorePlus installation (latest version), it cannot start as root. I'm using the binary /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld I've installed mariadb-10.4.tcz. Errors printed out:

Code: [Select]
[Warning] Could not increase number of max_open_files to more than 1024 (request: 4186)
[Warning] Changed limits: max_open_files: 1024   max_connections: 151 (was 151) table_cache: 421 (was 2000)
[Warning] WSREP: Failed to guess base node address. Set it explicitly via wsrep_node_address.
[Warning] WSREP: Failed to guess base node address. Set it explicitly via wsrep_node_address.
[Warning] WSREP: Guessing address for incoming client connections failed. Try setting wsrep_node_incoming_address explicitly.
[Error] Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
[Error] Server socket created on IP: '::'
[Error] Can't start server: Bind on unix socket: Permission denied
[Error] Do you already have another mysqld server running on socket: /var/run/mysql.sock?

I have found a guide online but it is not useful, because it's not updated. Link: https://www.parkytowers.me.uk/thin/Linux/TinycoreWP.shtml Even a live tinycore give almost the same errors with any version of mariadb.

Thank you in advance.
I hope I'm not spamming, it's my second post ;D  :-\

Offline andyj

Re: How to run mysqld on CorePlus?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 09:46:47 PM »
Try this to create a database:
/usr/local/mysql/scripts/mysql_install_db --no-defaults --basedir=/usr/local/mysql --datadir=/path/to/maria-DB/data
Then do this to start the database:
sudo chmod 1777 /var/run
sudo /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld_safe --basedir=/usr/local/mysql --datadir=/path/to/maria-DB/data --syslog --user=tc &

Offline Yarpi

[Solved] Re: How to run mysqld on CorePlus?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 01:03:57 PM »
Thank you so much it works!