General TC > Remasters / Remixes - Unofficial

InstantCore

(1/7) > >>

jazzbiker:
Greetings!

I want to propose pre-installed image of CorePlus-14.0 and TinyCorePure64-14.0. New users may benefit burning it to the USB flash drive and obtaining ready to use various flavours of Core at the single drive in normal read-write mode, with backup and restore available, normal tce-load -w and so on. The image is dual-boot BIOS/UEFI, includes both x86 and x86_64 distribution files, proposes Core, Core64 and Corepure64 modes depending on Your hardware.

You can download an image from Google Drive :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X2y2RZRLArrqcpy8XfC4SMN0nlvDmMl0/view?usp=sharing

An image was packed following an approach already implemented in piCore images. When You burn this 600M image to for example 32G flash drive You have absolutely functional but restricted in free space (less than 200M) environment. If You are absolutely new to TinyCore You may continue experimenting with it. But if You want to utilize the whole drive space You need to perform few simple steps:

1. Load into "base+resize". You will see clear command line prompt.
2. Run "inflate.sh" script.
3. Reboot and continue with the full drive capacity accessible.

Please ask Your questions, and have Merry Christmas!

gadget42:
your description of the expansion of the working partition reminded me of EasyOS

https://easyos.org/tech/how-easy-works-part-2.html

--- Quote ---At the first bootup, the initrd increases the size of the working-partition to fill the drive, and creates some folders in it...
--- End quote ---

jazzbiker:
Hi gadget42!

I was following the way piCore developers deal with unallocated drive space :-) Of course expanding/inflating may be unconditional, but probably in some (maybe afew) cases it may be inappropriate, I guess.

Another thing done after inflating is filesystem's UUID shuffling. Cloned image assumes cloned UUID, not good for regular use. Maybe separating these tasks is possible, in order to have possibility to change the UUID without inflating the filesystem.

core-user:
Seasons Greetings - this sounds like how I have set up a Ventoy pendrive - except for expanding & using free space - downloading now, thanks. :)

jazzbiker:
Hi core-user!

If You are on the short leg with Ventoy You may try it with InstantCore. In case of success it may be attracting, as Ventoy can boot even the boxes with "secure boot = on", as far as I've read some time ago.

Happy Holydays!

EDIT: I want to warn You about using inflate.sh while running from Ventoy! I can not predict exactly what may happen, because I am not using Ventoy, but I guess inflate.sh will cause some kind of disaster (

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version