General TC > Remasters / Remixes - Unofficial

Application segmentation fault after rebuilding kernel

<< < (2/4) > >>

curaga:
Then it could be a compiler bug, something in that version of gcc miscompiling that version of kernel. But really hard to say.

centralware:

--- Quote from: curaga on November 13, 2023, 09:41:59 AM ---You also need to replace the modules if you used a different compiler version. Though your symptoms are rather curious, not sure what exactly is the cause.

--- End quote ---
@settimid: Just for sake of curiosity:

* What version of TinyCoreLinux did you initially install on the device?
* Is there cause for why we're using version 3.x? (We're currently at 14.x)
* Is the device in question 64 bit (since your downloaded kernel config file is)

gadget42:

--- Quote from: CentralWare on November 24, 2023, 05:52:15 PM ---@settimid: Just for sake of curiosity:
Is there cause for why we're using version 3.x?

--- End quote ---

also with reference to version 3.x(link to removal advisement/post):
https://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,26497.0.html

centralware:
Thanks @gadget42, I still have yet to sync our mirror before the repo gets Spring Cleaning! :)

settimid:

--- Quote from: CentralWare on November 24, 2023, 05:52:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: curaga on November 13, 2023, 09:41:59 AM ---You also need to replace the modules if you used a different compiler version. Though your symptoms are rather curious, not sure what exactly is the cause.

--- End quote ---
@settimid: Just for sake of curiosity:

* What version of TinyCoreLinux did you initially install on the device?
* Is there cause for why we're using version 3.x? (We're currently at 14.x)
* Is the device in question 64 bit (since your downloaded kernel config file is)
--- End quote ---

Hi @CentralWare

* The working device is a Tinycore USB key running with microcore64.gz and bzImage64 from here http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/3.x/archive/3.8.4/distribution_files/
* Critical industrial applications do not easily accommodate upgrades.
* Yes, device in question is 64bit. uname say "TC 3.8.4 with kernel 2.6.33.3-tinycore64"
That said, I would now need to recompile the kernel in question to get motherboard buzzer support, which doesn't seem to be enabled by default.

I download kernel source and re-build kernel, with the procedure I wrote in my first post.
Then updated mu USB key with bzImage64 i build up and (as a second try) with the microcore64 re-packed with the modules I build.

OS boot up correctly, beep works, uname show correct information, but my C application suddenly crash (segfault)
If I comment out all call to gettimeofday() and time() system function my application run, but of course I need them.

I use a Suse 11.3 64bit, that run a very similar kernel (2.6.34 x86_64) to build both kernel and my application.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version