WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Troubles with starting install on CorePlus  (Read 825 times)

Offline buildfromscratch

Troubles with starting install on CorePlus
« on: September 09, 2023, 12:30:54 PM »
I've been trying to install Tiny Core as my main operating system via USB. I have tried using dd and Unetbootin to load the iso file to my USB, and I've even manually configured a bit of the grub.cfg and I manually placed a boot_86x.efi file in my boot directory - but when it boots using the efi file it doesn't start the installation script, it just boots me into a $ terminal. I have a fairly modern computer by most standards, which you may even consider absurd for even wanting to use Tiny Core - nevertheless I still want to try it out. My system does use UEFI and I have an SSD. I'm sort of a Linux noob in the grand scheme of things but I want to take on a challenge by configuring Tiny Core from the ground up but I don't really have the facilities for setting up a wired connection at the moment, wireless would be far more preferred. It is for this reason I need to make sure the CorePlus installation works properly. I can provide extra details if you need it to help.

Offline gadget42

Re: Troubles with starting install on CorePlus
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 01:51:26 PM »
The fluctuation theorem has long been known for a sudden switch of the Hamiltonian of a classical system Z54 . For a quantum system with a Hamiltonian changing from... https://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php/topic,25972.msg166580.html#msg166580

Offline polikuo

Re: Troubles with starting install on CorePlus
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2023, 02:11:30 AM »
I've been trying to install Tiny Core as my main operating system via USB.
Hi, buildfromscratch.
Welcome to the forum.

What machine are you using ?
The architecture, CPU model ... etc

Which one suits you better ?
A: I can't boot to Tiny Core at all
B: I can sometimes boot with a bit of tweaking, don't know what to do, how to do.

How do you like your system ?
A: boot from USB, store TC data in USB, everything on USB.
B: boot from USB, install the system on local disk, everything in SSD.

If you need UEFI, you'll need to do everything manually.
A: the machine is UEFI Only
B: it supports UEFI and Legacy BIOS