WelcomeWelcome | FAQFAQ | DownloadsDownloads | WikiWiki

Author Topic: Help with the app installer !  (Read 562 times)

Offline kifaninja

Help with the app installer !
« on: July 03, 2024, 01:09:35 PM »
Good evening,

as you might have guessed, this post is from a very new user : I have barely used linux in my life at that point, and it is worth noting that I do literary studies and the only thing I know to anything computer science related is my start-of-college math level. As such, I understand very little to what is actually happening behind the screen. After trying to install Tiny Core and ending up on the basic terminal with no UI whatsoever, I managed to run by some weird wizardry the default window manager and the app installer. I couldn't load wbar or the terminal so I decided to download them non the app installer.

and it fails. Whatever I try to install, it just says 'blabla.tcz failed". OnBoot, OnDemand, everything fails. But network isn't the problem. So what happens now ?

Offline Juanito

• Administrator
Re: Help with the app installer !
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2024, 01:47:03 PM »
How did you install and run tinycore - by burning the iso to cd/dvd?

You could try rebooting tinycore to the console prompt and then report what messages these commands give:
Code: [Select]
ping -c2 google.com
tce-load -wil Xorg-7.7 flwm aterm wbar
startx

Offline kifaninja

Re: Help with the app installer !
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2024, 03:20:21 PM »
How did you install and run tinycore - by burning the iso to cd/dvd?

You could try rebooting tinycore to the console prompt and then report what messages these commands give:
Code: [Select]
ping -c2 google.com
tce-load -wil Xorg-7.7 flwm aterm wbar
startx

I have installed the OS through a USB bootable directly onto the laptop's freshly repartitioned HDD. I rebooted to the prompt and eventually could install wbar and aterm. Now everything seems fine. However, I was wondering why the hell doing the exact same thing through the app installer didn't work and why I was forced to do it from the prompt